What's new

Morning Coffee - Before or After Shower & Shave

Which comes first Coffee or Shower/shave?

• Coffee BEFORE Shower & Shave

• Coffer AFTER Shower & Shave

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I am going to the office, I won't have coffee until after I have had my first cup of tea when our secretary arrives at 8.00. On the other hand, on weekends I often drink coffee with breakfast at home- this is occasionally before my shower and shave.

Shave before coffee? I wouldn't even dream of making coffee before having my morning coffee, let alone put something sharp to my face.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Josh:
'Tagging' along with member DJH, if I am going to work :yawn:, then I won't have my first (of many), cup(s) of coffee until I make to the job NTL 0800hrs.

However, when the Mrs. and I feel like it on weekends, I have a cup of coffee while I shave and then shower afterward. :thumbsup:

Christopher :badger:

What happened to During? Or maybe an All of the Above? If I could figure out how not to get soap in the cup I'd be in heaven. Old Navy guy here, I've got a cup that I've spent more time with than my wife!

Shave before coffee? I wouldn't even dream of making coffee before having my morning coffee, let alone put something sharp to my face.

i already had my cup of joe this morning and i am still confused by this answer.

as a night shaver, i don't drink a cup of coffee until about 6:15am.

i already had my cup of joe this morning and i am still confused by this answer.
I just sat down with my coffee and barely had two sips when I posted that. :001_smile

There's actually some logic to it. I've had a few accidents in the morning, like forgetting to put water or coffee in the pot, or putting something else in the pot instead of coffee or water. One morning I put milk & sugar in the pot and poured the cup of coffee down the drain. It's our lot, as humans, to fight against the malevolent forces of nature, such as gravity and the time continuum. Gravity, in its tyranny, has shattered several of my coffee pots, and I've struggled unceasingly in my quest to defeat the one-way nature of time and somehow get caffeinated before having to face the arduous & complex task of making a cup of coffee while yet half asleep. Fortunately, we're creatures of instinct and habit, and can learn to prevail in some small measure after a few hard fought successes against the primal forces of nature. I dream of making coffee, and so, can proceed unconsciously in a dream state, like a somnambulist, in a half dazed, half unwaking state, and some days manage to break through the hazy divide between reality and dream world and have a decent cup of coffee in the morning.

Those sensitive souls who perceive behind the wondrous and terrifying nature of our universe, another dimension of spiritual causality, a connection between the tonal and the nagual, will understand. To the rest of you, obviously morning people, I can only say, it takes some time for me to get up in the morning,

Last edited:
In my life before children I'd run the coffee as I showered so it would be ready when I got out.

When I was in a shower before work profession, with kids, get up time came much earlier and coffee first.

Now I'm in a shower after work profession, at least most of the time, so always coffee first.

When I was working, it was shave at night, shower first thing in the morning, then coffee. Now that I'm retired I have morning coffee ready to go before bed. First thing I do upon getting out of bed is stumble into the kitchen and hope my wife hasn't finished off the pot. Shave is still late afternoon or evening. Shower is after my wife leaves for work and after several cups of coffee.

Coffee first. In fact, on my days off I usually bum around the house for a couple hours after I wake up. Like so many people who need to unwind after work, I need time to wind up after sleep.

Before I shower and shave. And before that I feed both the cat and the dog. There are priorities ya know.

Top Bottom