What's new

Morgan ONE pipe?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Any info or ideas how a stemless pipe might smoke. Short 1/2 ounce pocket pipe interest me but I wonder it they are going after a different market than the brown leaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Any info or ideas how a stemless pipe might smoke. Short 1/2 ounce pocket pipe interest me but I wonder it they are going after a different market than the brown leaf.

I’ve seen them online. They look interesting. Leejen, the us who runs PipingAin’tEasy loves them, and he’s a pretty serious pipe guy, so i take that as a string endorsement. Haven’t heard much war about them from real experience though.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
One YouTuber has a thermometer in the stem of one and came to the conclusion that it can smoke hot.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
38C11A62-7537-4D95-B51B-110BB318502D.png

Now that’s a pocket pipe! Less than 4”, but heavier and pricier than the One.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My current shortest pipe is an Armellini, with a button to bowl distance of 3.25”. My Devil Anse Cutty is 3.75”

proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Well I took one for the team. I had some extra cash when a recent pipe I sold went for more than I hoped so I put that money on a Morgan ONE. I got the bull dog shape. I will say it is a well made pipe with beautiful sandblasted grain.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What I did not expect, was how small it is. I laughed when I opened the package. It is the Wee Scot of the pipe world.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
That’s pretty cool! Could you cut down a regular pipe with a long stummel you think?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
That’s pretty cool! Could you cut down a regular pipe with a long stummel you think?

I am sure you could. Find old Canadian with a broke mortise and you’re good to go.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Test smoke was as promised. Cool and dry. I loaded 2/3 bowl with Carter hall and took the dog for a walk. Note: keep your chin up when lighting, it is a nose warmer. Other than that I had a very enjoyable 20 min smoke. Clenching involves a learning curve as I had to keep the pipe out farther than normal, but no issues and the briar was no worse for the wear. My pipe weighed 0.6 ounces. It’s a fun little pipe. If I had handled one before purchase, I probably would have passed, but since I have it, I will probably keep it. It is a niche pipe, and not for everyone, but there may be a few who would enjoy it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well I took one for the team. I had some extra cash when a recent pipe I sold went for more than I hoped so I put that money on a Morgan ONE. I got the bull dog shape. I will say it is a well made pipe with beautiful sandblasted grain.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What I did not expect, was how small it is. I laughed when I opened the package. It is the Wee Scot of the pipe world.

proxy.php

A perfect size for a quick smoke at work.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Gonna see what I can do...
proxy.php

8 bucks off ebay, so not much to loose.

Shucks looks almost guaranteed it will work. Only thing would be that the “stem” thickness would depend on the diameter of the drilling.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I see a Etsy store in your future...imagine all pipes with gnawed out stems you could save and give a new lease on life.

Top Bottom