What's new

Morgan Bones inbound

Ordered a Bone yesterday. Getting back into pipes after a 6 or so year hiatus. Thought I’d ease myself back in with a little something for myself. Now if I can just keep my cart under the $200 mark for the new tobaccos I want to try I’ll be all set. Still haven’t been able to locate my old tobacco stash from the cross country moves.

Well, that’s a good place to start! The Bones, I mean. The under $200, not a hope. At least in the long run.
Enjoy your new pipe!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'll echo Kelly's comments, Bones are great pipes for the price. As for the TAD...well, hopefully you are more successful at reeling yours in then I have been with mine. You won't find many people here who will dissuade you from buying tobacco 😁 have fun.

@Dan-O, I came back to pipe smoking in July of 2018 after a 30+ year hiatus into cigar smoking. When I stopped smoking pipes back in the late 1980's, I was pretty much smoking straight Latakia, trying to solve souring problems in my four pipes. When I returned to the pipes, I was astounded at the availability of such a wide variety of blends and just how many great blends were out there. I attributed the difference between 1987 and 2018 primarily as the influence of the internet and online tobacco vendors. I now know that some of the difference is my living in the sticks without exposure to great B&Ms. That said, I've made up for lost time and now have more tobacco than I would have thought possible 2.25 years ago. It is amazing how rapidly a cellar builds with a consistent purchasing program. I have enough tobacco to last somewhere between 10 & 14 years, depending on how many pipes a day I smoke. I say all this to say: you will soon be further over your threshold, at least if you continue to hang out with this group of enablers. Did I mention that the Brown Leaf crew were who ushered me back into pipe smoking and encouraged my TAD & PAD? These are the guys. One question. Is your under $200 threshold per order, or week, month, year? It makes some difference!
Enjoy those new blends!

Well, P&C has free shipping at the $79 mark. The $200 was to get me back in the mix.

I found one of my Chacoms in a random box yesterday, so that should help.

Here is what I have inbound from P&C, and granted, $77ish of it is a new savinelli pipe too.
315AAD0B-5792-4977-B6A2-A10BCB661A92.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
@Dan-O I'm not restarting after a lay-off, rather just starting to broaden my horizons after sticking with Condor and the Gawiths for the last 7 years. Spurred on by the illustrious band of enablers here (Kelly very much included), I've indulged in a myriad of samplers (pre-built, and self-built) over the year, and just started to dabble with ageing tobaccos.

Over the course of a year, I've built up to 30 tins laid away, which is 6 tins a year for the next five years. My target was 20 tins (4 aged tins per year), but 6 tins a year is not far off what I smoke in a year anyway, so probably a better stock level actually... if I get a discernible benefit from ageing.

There will be MUCH temptation here to shop to excess, if you're easily swayed. I'm not easily swayed, but still bought more than I anticipated :biggrin1:

Got my pipe in the mail today. Not really a shape I would normally be drawn to, but decided what the heck. Thought these were unfinished bowls....? The imperfection at the top of the bowl has me a little concerned that it might crack the bowl.
73254F2A-D447-4627-9FA0-8741E24A4FD0.jpeg
83FFA3B8-8C96-4688-B152-D548A3F4203C.jpeg
48BFC1CD-FA07-463D-8F96-458F2FC9841D.jpeg

Never had to make use of it, but the word is that Chris will make good, if that does turn out to ruin the pipe. Heck, send him those pics, he might do it on spec. He has a great rep, which is one of the reasons I have one, and am considering his Oom Paul.

Never had to make use of it, but the word is that Chris will make good, if that does turn out to ruin the pipe. Heck, send him those pics, he might do it on spec. He has a great rep, which is one of the reasons I have one, and am considering his Oom Paul.
I’m gonna smoke it a bit and see what happens. Currently on my first bowl and it’s smoking real nice.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’m gonna smoke it a bit and see what happens. Currently on my first bowl and it’s smoking real nice.

I think it will be fine, but I would still shoot Chris an email showing the crack on the rim. IIRC he will probably tell you to smoke it, and if it fails he will send you a new one.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Well, P&C has free shipping at the $79 mark. The $200 was to get me back in the mix.

I found one of my Chacoms in a random box yesterday, so that should help.

Here is what I have inbound from P&C, and granted, $77ish of it is a new savinelli pipe too.View attachment 1176348
The samplers are generally a good value. I recently bought five of a sampler I really liked for the purposes of cellaring both blends...they were cheaper in the sampler then anywhere else I could find them. You have a nice selection to enjoy there!

Chris emailed me back and said it should be fine. It is an imperfection in the wood and not due to the boiling process. On my 3rd bowl in it and it’s performing very well. Getting the hang of smoking a pipe again and it’s been quite a pleasure.

I have 2 bones pipes in my collection. A Rhodesian and a Poker. Like them so much that I just ordered up an oval Rhody today

Will post a pic of them when the Oval Rhody arrives.
The short brandesian is looking pretty good. I hope he reloads the site soon. Would like to get a few more bones and be entered in the “grab bag” special.

Jealous of your poker.

Top Bottom