What's new

Morels, Finally!

I don't hunt them myself but have a contact, a supplier if you will :biggrin1: The weather around here has been funky this spring and had not heard from him. Today I finally got a call and ran over tonight. Picked up a pound and a half of Morels, some fresh Nettle for tea and some Peppery Crown Coral mushrooms. Pictured are the nicest Morels of the bunch. Not sure what i'll do with these, they are pretty nice so maybe clean them up and a saute in butter/olive oil. When they aren't as nice maybe a soup or chopped up with some ricotta made into ravioli.

$P1030375.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yummy. They look like something from the movie Avatar. I couldn't help but chop them up and throw them into some scrambled eggs.

Last edited:
Never dared to go mushrooming myself. The only exception are giant puffballs.

Let us know what you do with them.

Wow, do those ever look good. Now I want to know what nice bottle of wine you will be having with them.

The Mrs. Moe will be home late tonight from a Bus. trip so wanted to do something that would still be OK when she got home. Straight saute might not be so good cold. So, saute'd them up, ate about 25% that way and had enough left for four flat breads with a little olive oil, tiny bit of garlic and a little cheese.

$P1030377.jpg
$P1030376.jpg
$P1030378.jpg

Wow, do those ever look good. Now I want to know what nice bottle of wine you will be having with them.

Well, I went with beer this time. If I had them over steak i'd pull out one of the cabs in the basement; I have a 2005 Don Melchor I really really want to open.

You also have good taste in beer, Moe.

Thanks, I usually buy a six of Anchor about every 5 six packs................. Funny how that math works, my local grocery store has a punch card that gets you up to $5 off a six pack after you buy 5 six packs :thumbup:

Top Bottom