What's new

More Yaqis, first impressions and reviews to follow.

Oh man, I didn't realise it was limited quantity. I was going to grab a few as gifts for my relatives, but I missed out on all the badgers!

Well, looks like I'll just have to gift a few synthetics from my personal collection.

They did come back. Oh boy, I was running like a fat kid when the ice cream truck arrives.
That made my morning! I grabbed the Mysterious Space two-band badger fan shape (50% off at $12.96 and still there, currently saying 92 available)

For those wanting that aqua high mountain, it may or may not keep popping up as available at the price. No harm in periodically checking if you want to save +$30 and get it much faster.

I had my cart all filled up and was ready to go was waiting until 12:01AM Pacific to place the order but like you guys have seen, the sale prices went away right away as I went to purchase. I was so bummed. So I sent a message to Yaqi via AliExpress asking what happened and I got a reply this morning saying that those sale prices are for a limited amount of pieces only. So that Aqua High Mountain Silvertip was indeed on sale for $16.07 but they were sold in about 16 seconds! I messaged them back saying I think that's a bit deceptive not to put that disclaimer on the site because I had totally different expectations. But I did order the Red Resin Silvertip and two Two-Band Badgers that still were on sale (the 26mm Moka Express and the 24mm Aqua) so I'm still looking forward to trying my first badger brush. But at least we know how how the 11.11 sale works.

Btw, the Yaqi store messaged back apologizing for the misunderstanding of how the sale works. They said they will upload a new brush called "The Panda" sometime today with a sale price. They didn't mention what kind of knot it would be though.

Last edited:
That made my morning! I grabbed the Mysterious Space two-band badger fan shape (50% off at $12.96 and still there, currently saying 92 available)

For those wanting that aqua high mountain, it may or may not keep popping up as available at the price. No harm in periodically checking if you want to save +$30 and get it much faster.
+1 Me too, made my Morning. I grabbed the High Mountain for $16 & Moka 2-band for $12! Sweet!!

Oh man, I didn't realise it was limited quantity. I was going to grab a few as gifts for my relatives, but I missed out on all the badgers!

Well, looks like I'll just have to gift a few synthetics from my personal collection.
I got the Sagrada tuxedo synthetic for $5.60. That's a great price and a good looking brush! I have the Black Marble synth and I like it so figure this should be good too.

Wasn't lucky in the morning, got pretty lucky now. Moka Express, High Mountain Silvertip and the DOC. 27 euros what a bargain.

Thanks for the heads-up! I managed to grab a Yaqi Mountain Lake 2-band badger and Mysterious Space fan-shaped 2-band badger. It looks like there are a few left at sub-$13 prices.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up! I managed to grab a Yaqi Mountain Lake 2-band badger and Mysterious Space fan-shaped 2-band badger. It looks like there are a few left at sub-$13 prices.
Just ordered mine as well along with a 24mm Aqua Tuxedo Knot synthetic...Two brushes for $26...Awesome!! I have the Sagrada Familia Yaqi and it’s a terrific brush...trust these will be as good or better.

Great to see many folks were able to grab some bargains!

Please share your thoughts once you have used the brushes.

I really didn't need the extra brushes (already have 6 Yaqi brushes...) but I couldn't stop myself. I got couple more on the way that I have not tried before. The HMW, Timberwolf, and mountain lake handle badger. Excited to try them all and I'll probably pass on the excess later on.

I had my cart all filled up and was ready to go was waiting until 12:01AM Pacific to place the order but like you guys have seen, the sale prices went away right away as I went to purchase. I was so bummed. So I sent a message to Yaqi via AliExpress asking what happened and I got a reply this morning saying that those sale prices are for a limited amount of pieces only. So that Aqua High Mountain Silvertip was indeed on sale for $16.07 but they were sold in about 16 seconds! I messaged them back saying I think that's a bit deceptive not to put that disclaimer on the site because I had totally different expectations. But I did order the Red Resin Silvertip and two Two-Band Badgers that still were on sale (the 26mm Moka Express and the 24mm Aqua) so I'm still looking forward to trying my first badger brush. But at least we know how how the 11.11 sale works.

Btw, the Yaqi store messaged back apologizing for the misunderstanding of how the sale works. They said they will upload a new brush called "The Panda" sometime today with a sale price. They didn't mention what kind of knot it would be though.
I just order the panda in a tuxedo 24mm knot. It looks so cool. It is also available in a 24mm two band. US $8.49 55% OFF|Yaqi 24mm The Panda Tuxedo Knot Shaving Brush on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000357064057.html?spm=2114.12010611.8148356.20.38ecdc43y1td7Y

I passed on the Panda because in the picture they are showing a 2 band knot but in product description they are calling it a synthetic brush.

Top Bottom