What's new

More Yaqis, first impressions and reviews to follow.

Depends on the apartment. Some have nice big trees that shade lower floors. Again, luck of the draw in life.

I rather be a little bit higher up so its less noisy. I'll towel dry the brush after the morning shave, hang it on the stand and fan dry it all night. Wirhs so far.

I must stop. Thanks to all of you, in the past two weeks I've ordered 8 new brushes from WCS. This includes 5 Yaqi brushes.

Reviews reviews lol!

Just received one of those "blemished handle" synthetics and used it for the first time this morning. What a great brush for the price and No I couldn't find the blemish. Cost me $10. Canadian after the coupon and shipping was worked in. Best deal I've had for a while. Took less than 2 weeks to arrive.

Zero complaints about my black tux too!

I love the Moka brush. My only complaint is that sometimes its hair get broken.

Broken? How many and what happened?

Good God man how fun! My wife would have a fit if I did that :) Post some pics when they arrive!

I hide stuff at my other place too rofl!

I imagine everyone here shopping for apartment and asking for shaded bathroom windowsill as part of the features. The real estate agent would be dumbstruck. "You want to dry what?"

Good God man how fun! My wife would have a fit if I did that :) Post some pics when they arrive!
Here you go. From WCS, 5 Yaqi brushes, 2 WCS brushes, and a Razorock Plissoft. Included a WCS razor I ordered that has worked wonderfully.
Brushes.jpg

I recently ordered a Yaqi silvertip 24mm Mysterious Space off of the 'bay . . . only a few weeks until it gets here! first new brush in . . . dang, years.

Just used the Yaqi Ferrari. Great brush. Splays well, soft on the face and it's a lathering monster.

The brown Ferrari is my weekday brush as it dries super fast and lathers on demand.
Its a brush I'll keep on using for a very long time lol.

Here you go. From WCS, 5 Yaqi brushes, 2 WCS brushes, and a Razorock Plissoft. Included a WCS razor I ordered that has worked wonderfully.View attachment 1011230

Those are some colourful brushes what a great collection!

I recently ordered a Yaqi silvertip 24mm Mysterious Space off of the 'bay . . . only a few weeks until it gets here! first new brush in . . . dang, years.

That's my first Silvertip and its still one of the most enjoyable brushes I have, ENJOY!

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Here you go. From WCS, 5 Yaqi brushes, 2 WCS brushes, and a Razorock Plissoft. Included a WCS razor I ordered that has worked wonderfully.View attachment 1011230
Now those are some nice looking brushes. I dig that sea foam-colored one. That should satisfy your synthetic urge for a while! :) Curious to know how the Plissoft compares to the Yaqi synthetic knot.

Now those are some nice looking brushes. I dig that sea foam-colored one. That should satisfy your synthetic urge for a while! :) Curious to know how the Plissoft compares to the Yaqi synthetic knot.
It is probably my third favorite of the displayed brushes.

The brown Ferrari is my weekday brush as it dries super fast and lathers on demand.
Its a brush I'll keep on using for a very long time lol.

Those are some colourful brushes what a great collection!

That's my first Silvertip and its still one of the most enjoyable brushes I have, ENJOY!

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
I read an article by Mantic 59 on the Sharpologist site. He alluded to some people avoiding Yaqi brushes due to their "business practices". Anyone know anything about that?

I read an article by Mantic 59 on the Sharpologist site. He alluded to some people avoiding Yaqi brushes due to their "business practices". Anyone know anything about that?

I don't take much stock of such talk unless its proven and even then its like saying you won't buy from Walmart or Starbucks for their biz practices.

Besides I've such experienced great service from them that makes most other companies pale in comparison.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I don't take much stock of such talk unless its proven and even then its like saying you won't buy from Walmart or Starbucks for their biz practices.

Besides I've such experienced great service from them that makes most other companies pale in comparison.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I agree.

I've had nothing but the best of service from Yaqi.

In my last order, I told them about a couple of silvertip brushes that I considered to be slightly defective.

No questions asked, they sent me replacements with my order!!

I don't think I've had service this good from any other vendor!

This just arrived yesterday. My daily brush is a Yaqi 22 synthetic. This 26 synthetic is significantly bigger. Love the resin color. Delivery from China was less than 2 weeks ... $13 (included shipping).

fullsizeoutput_1ec9.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1eca.jpeg

This just arrived yesterday. My daily brush is a Yaqi 22 synthetic. This 26 synthetic is significantly bigger. Love the resin color. Delivery from China was less than 2 weeks ... $13 (included shipping).

View attachment 1013075 View attachment 1013076
That is a fine looking brush. I too had a 22mm brush as my daily then went with a Yaqi 24mm. 26mm must just be a beast. I only have one Yaqi brush at the moment and based on that plus other’s reviews I really feel they are quality brushes at an incredibly good price. Enjoy that baby!

View attachment 1013075 View attachment 1013076

Wow it looks great, must be a new brush cos I have never seen that handle before.

That is a fine looking brush. I too had a 22mm brush as my daily then went with a Yaqi 24mm. 26mm must just be a beast. I only have one Yaqi brush at the moment and based on that plus other’s reviews I really feel they are quality brushes at an incredibly good price. Enjoy that baby!

Thanks Mr Beez. Just got done using it for the first time. Worth every penny of that $13!

Fantastic! I received one of these yesterday, along with lots more Yaqi goodies :D

I'll post reviews in due course.

Is there ever going to be a time we stop getting brushes lol!

I have 3 brushes I rotate around and I seriously think that 20 to 30 years from now it'll still be these 3. 26 brushes should last me at least 160 years...

I have just had first use from a Yaqi White Knight 30mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot. Very nice indeed with a much more soft plush feel than the 26mm Ferrari. Efficient too, lathers the face in double quick time. Let's see how well it dries although I don't expect that to be an issue. Delivery to the UK from the Yaqi Aliexpress store was quick, about 10 days. Yaqis are so good and reasonable price it is hard to resist the temptation to collect, currently I have 5. The photo is stock, my skills are rubbish, sorry.

Attachments

• YAQI White Knight 30mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot.jpg
    YAQI White Knight 30mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom