What's new

More Yaqis, first impressions and reviews to follow.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh noooo more SAD lol! I've gotten 2 kg of soaps from DCRIII and I've no idea how long that's going to last and yet I'm wanna try kapo. My lump of Arko is laughing at me every day... After 7 months of usage it's still ard 80% or more still... :blink:.

I'm pretty sure it's mocking me at this moment...

So sad but I think I must try a Kapo.

Happy shaves buddy,

Mawashi
Great news. There in another seller on eBay selling Kapo cream. Just search Kapo shave cream. $4.59 and small shipping charge. I ordered 4 tubes so there should be 4 left of the Classic. My total was £16.52 GBP. Go for it while it’s available. Give all those brushes something new to work with.

Ok really digging this Yaqi Black Marble Tuxedo. It totally changed my shaving experience. I thought I loved my Semogue 820, which I do, but this Yaqi synthetic is downright fun. It’s like BAM! You’ve got lather. I’m relatively new and I haven’t gotten around to buying a badger yet cos I figure a good one is in the $40-$80 range and I’m still trying to perfect my technique (which, btw, I will consider complete once I can figure out how to shave ATG on the bottom half of my neck without irritation). This bad boy was under $10. Lordy, do I need a badger?

Attachments

• 1C37238F-8285-4A64-9A0F-A21787A20AF6.jpeg
    1C37238F-8285-4A64-9A0F-A21787A20AF6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • FBD5F251-FDAE-4CCA-99E2-40F4B9530E39.jpeg
    FBD5F251-FDAE-4CCA-99E2-40F4B9530E39.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • A1E75850-9F5F-42F0-B939-BAC9A5D136D7.jpeg
    A1E75850-9F5F-42F0-B939-BAC9A5D136D7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Ok really digging this Yaqi Black Marble Tuxedo. It totally changed my shaving experience. I thought I loved my Semogue 820, which I do, but this Yaqi synthetic is downright fun. It’s like BAM! You’ve got lather. I’m relatively new and I haven’t gotten around to buying a badger yet cos I figure a good one is in the $40-$80 range and I’m still trying to perfect my technique (which, btw, I will consider complete once I can figure out how to shave ATG on the bottom half of my neck without irritation). This bad boy was under $10. Lordy, do I need a badger?
You know you do but so far I more like synthetic

Great news. There in another seller on eBay selling Kapo cream. Just search Kapo shave cream. $4.59 and small shipping charge. I ordered 4 tubes so there should be 4 left of the Classic. My total was £16.52 GBP. Go for it while it’s available. Give all those brushes something new to work with.

Thanks for the heads up Steve,

I'll go bug the guy to learn more n find our how long it takes for the tube to arrive in Singapore.

No shave kit is complete without a good Horsey, a 2 band, a silvertip and of course a boar.

The tux and other syns make lather quickly but I've experimented with pre soaked badgers, boars and the results are spectacular.

A presoaked omega 11137 and 2 other badgers simply exploded the soaps. What normally takes 10 to 15s to load is done in barely 7s and I get 2x the amount of lather.
IMG_20190808_083645.jpg IMG_20190809_095450.jpg

A simple 10 to 15 min soak up to 3/4 the height of the brush turns them in soft fuzz balls of soap destroyers.

It was shocking to the see the amount of lather created when I was just loading. The face lathering was absolutely messy rofl.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I'll go bug the guy to learn more n find our how long it takes for the tube to arrive in Singapore.

No shave kit is complete without a good Horsey, a 2 band, a silvertip and of course a boar.

The tux and other syns make lather quickly but I've experimented with pre soaked badgers, boars and the results are spectacular.

A presoaked omega 11137 and 2 other badgers simply exploded the soaps. What normally takes 10 to 15s to load is done in barely 7s and I get 2x the amount of lather.
View attachment 1006423 View attachment 1006424

A simple 10 to 15 min soak up to 3/4 the height of the brush turns them in soft fuzz balls of soap destroyers.

It was shocking to the see the amount of lather created when I was just loading. The face lathering was absolutely messy rofl.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
I believe it took about a week for a shipment to get here from Bulgaria.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
True. Only one stop between Bulgaria and the US. Anyway, it will me worth the wait. I’m not really into soaps but this is the best soap/cream I’ve ever used.

True. Only one stop between Bulgaria and the US. Anyway, it will me worth the wait. I’m not really into soaps but this is the best soap/cream I’ve ever used.

That's high praise indeed. Ok u got me interested enough to give it a go lol.

Cheers buddy,

Mawashi

@mawashi

Do you loose any hair while using those brushes??
I've have some Yaqi brushes and they're usually good with keeping their bristles. However, I have one Yaqi badger that shed like 20 hairs out of nowhere. Not sure what happened but other than that one instance, everything has been fine..

I've have some Yaqi brushes and they're usually good with keeping their bristles. However, I have one Yaqi badger that shed like 20 hairs out of nowhere. Not sure what happened but other than that one instance, everything has been fine..

Timeclo,

Send a message to Ms Chen on this if its a serious issue you might get a replacement.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers n happy shaves,

Mawashi

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

View attachment 1006423 View attachment 1006424

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
These 60 ml tubes look like a brilliant idea keeping the brush upright
Where did you get these?
:)

Hi Rhody,

I think it was a measuring cup that came with some epoxy mixtures but it's pretty ugly if you asked me lol.

A nicer solution would be an espresso cup or any short flat base cup.
-1820397292060530043.jpg

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Wow the barber pole is huge lol.

The black cashmere is going to be ultra soft n comfy and the Timber Wolf should be an excellent travel brush.

Keep us update on how you like em.

Mawashi

The 2 Band badger barberpole is 13cm tall (8cm handle+5cm loft). I think it's fantastic, I 'd happily pay twice as much. It retains quite a bit of lather tho, but that is sort of expected.
The little 22mm tuxedo, I just love that little thing.. it can create lather from any hard soap in few swirls.

The Timberwolf is grey bristles w/ black tips. The white bristle w/ black tips is what they call an Evil Zebra and Giotta...

10-4. Thanks for that clarification. I’m not sure I’ve seen the Evil Zebra then. I do see now that the TW is more grey than white. I haven’t seen one in person and the grey comes across very light as to look white in some pics. Either way, that one is definitely a tuxedo!

The 2 Band badger barberpole is 13cm tall (8cm handle+5cm loft). I think it's fantastic, I 'd happily pay twice as much. It retains quite a bit of lather tho, but that is sort of expected.
The little 22mm tuxedo, I just love that little thing.. it can create lather from any hard soap in few swirls.

It's a super brush, the w bands are excellent and w a 15 min pre soak it becomes super soft and will simply bloom any soap.

Yaqi silvertips are just as awesome!

Glad you're liking your brushes.

The Timberwolf is grey bristles w/ black tips. The white bristle w/ black tips is what they call an Evil Zebra and Giotta...

Oops I stand corrected too lol.

The recent sale though not as heavily discounted as before gave me an excuse to add a few more brushes to my humble collection lol.

From left to right and top to bottom:
Heavy Metal long handle Silvertip
Aqua High Mountain Silvertip
Black Acrylic "barber tool" Silvertip

Heavy Metal long handle 2 band
Heavy Metal short handle 2 band

Rainbow synthetic
Black Tuxedo synthetic (cosmetic defect)
Sangrada Familia synthetic

View attachment 996451

Yaqi engineers don't seem to understand what over engineering means cos, I have yet to find brushes that are as bulletproof as these guys.

So on to my first impressions :)

Heavy Metal long handle Silvertip
This monster of a brush is a solid aluminium handle with a 24mm/52mm Silvertip bulb knot and like the short metal handle Silvertip I review before has a rather unique knot.
IMHO the Heavy Metal series have the perfect blend for a knot with just the right density and splay. It's my favourite knots.
It's a seriously heavy brush at 153g best suited to guys with bigger mits or someone who wants a workout as they lather. Popeye forearm here I come lol.

Aqua High Mountain Silvertip
This has the highest quality Silvertip and absolutely feels like a cloud of pure luxury. The white and clear aqua blue handle is possibly the most ergonomic and beautiful.
This is the epitomy of Silvertip luxury and so special I'll want to keep it for those occasions where I need something super.

Black Acrylic "barber tool" Silvertip
This is a very classic handle and has a 21mm/52mm knot. It's a really stylish design with a heavy metal base.
Yaqi states this as having a zinc alloy base but this can't be zamak cos it weights in at a hefty 128g.
You can feel the microscopic machining marks that's the hallmark of a lathe so whatever metal and make up this brush is, you know it's going to be high quality. I still think it could be stainless steel.

Heavy Metal long handle 2 band & Heavy Metal short handle 2 band
To me these 2 bands represent the best value of money and quality. A solid aluminium handle and a really nice knot.
Slightly skitrchy, medium high density 24mm/52mm knot. The 93g Heavy Metal short handle is my favourite brush. I get a wonderful exfoliating scrub, a super easy to lather brush and its not floppy at all, perfect!

Rainbow synthetic
A 26mm/55mm brown synthetic knot on this large handle makes this the largest synthetic brush I have.
I can't tell you how pretty this brush is and how nice the quality is until you have it in your hands.
It has the same synthetic hairs as my Brown Ferrari but in a bigger knot.
It might be a tab too big for me but the rainbow colours really put a smile on my face when I'm thinking of lathering with this big guy.

Black Tuxedo synthetic (cosmetic defect)
This black marble resin brush was going for a song due to a cosmetic issue. I have been looking at it for around 20 mins and can't find where the defect is.
Whatever it is, I appreciate Yaqi's honesty as I'll never be able to tell lol.
The 24mm Tuxedo knot is just another wonderful synthetic and I can't wait to lather with it.

Sangrada Familia synthetic
Finally I have this unique brush in my hands, its just the perfect size for a travel brush and the synthetic Tuxedo knot can lather with almost any kind of water lol.
I don't know anything about the glue knot issue a but it seems fine to my untrained eye.
The clear yellow resin handle looks really nice and feels great too.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchases. I accidentally took a pic using flash and these handles lit up like led lights :)
View attachment 996450

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
I really love the Black Marble Tuxedo I got last week. That’ll keep me happy for a while. But when the time comes to get my first badger I’m thinking the Aqua High Mountain Silvertip may be my choice. The Black Marble is my first Yaqi brush and I must say the build quality and material seems excellent so I’m hoping their badger would be of the same quality. And doesn’t it look nice just sitting there waiting to be picked up!

Top Bottom