What's new

More Yaqis, first impressions and reviews to follow.

I hadn't heard of 11.11 until reading about it here. Picked up a 26mm Two band, 24mm silver tip red resin, 24mm silver tip black resin and 24mm Sagrada tuxedo all for slightly more than I paid for a Zenith Silver Tip. Incredible.
Nice haul! I also got a 26mm 2Band (the Moka) which will be my first 26mm, the 24mm Silvertip Red Resin, the Aqua 2Band (cos the High Mountain was gone at the low price) and the Sagrada tuxedo. The badgers will be a first for me. Can't wait to try them all.

Looking forward to trying my brushes too (High Mountain Silvertip, 2Band Moka Express). My first brush was a best badger, what a disappointment I hope I have better luck with those :)

@nav I honestly have no horse in this basket because these will be my first silvertips from Yaqi. I have not been very impressed with yaqi 2band. I will get to try few synths, if they worked well then why not; if not then they will serve someone who is just dipping toes in the wet shaving!!

Nice!
I'm looking forward to your thoughts on their silvertip (and the synthetics).

Looking forward to trying my brushes too (High Mountain Silvertip, 2Band Moka Express). My first brush was a best badger, what a disappointment I hope I have better luck with those :)

Best badger (not Simpson Best) as a grade of hair is only a bit better than pure so not very nice IME.

The Yaqi two band and silvertip are miles ahead in face feel and lather generation.

Excellent review mate!!

As mawashi stated above, this brush meds about a dozen uses beefie the brush tips become ultra luxurious.

This is because the tips are so incredibly fine, they felt like little needles to me when I got the brush. I was literally going to throw it in the garbage!
I then heard a guy in YouTube state that it took many uses for it to lose its scritch, so I persevered and I would say it took about 10 uses, then it became my most luxurious badger brush!!
How would you compare it to really high end silvertips

How would you compare it to really high end silvertips

Firstly I would say I hate all gel tip badger brushes, so if we exclude those from the "high end" badger brushes, I would say the biggest difference one would feel is the density.

Higher end badger brushes basically sell density as their main selling point, which isn't a bad thing but from my perspective, I didn't enjoy so much density.

Also, higher end brushes have a much higher price component attributed to their hand turned handles, which is an aspect I've never gotten into myself, but so enjoy looking at them in SOTD pics.

It comes down to preferences.
E.g. I like Simpson Best better than their super badger!

Firstly I would say I hate all gel tip badger brushes, so if we exclude those from the "high end" badger brushes, I would say the biggest difference one would feel is the density.

Higher end badger brushes basically sell density as their main selling point, which isn't a bad thing but from my perspective, I didn't enjoy so much density.

Also, higher end brushes have a much higher price component attributed to their hand turned handles, which is an aspect I've never gotten into myself, but so enjoy looking at them in SOTD pics.

It comes down to preferences.
E.g. I like Simpson Best better than their super badger!
Are the yaqi silvertip badgers gel tips? Also I heard they aren't real silvertip badgers? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this lol

Are the yaqi silvertip badgers gel tips? Also I heard they aren't real silvertip badgers? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this lol

Regret are definitely real silvertip badger, no doubts about that.

Yaqi doesn't gel their tips but some are a little softer than others, depending on batch. But no gel tips.
I really appreciate them not gelling the tips as they feel slimy and disgusting to me.

Top Bottom