What's new

More than one cream in your rotation?

I currently only have one cream that I use i.e. AOS Sandlewood. I am tempted to pick up CF Lime and Trumpers Sandlewood. My concern the creams dry out over a period of time if only used every few days or maybe longer?

Of course. Right now I have:
Creams: Mogno, KMF key lime, Lucky Tiger, Palmolive
Soaps: PdP Bergamot and Thyme, Taconic Eucalyptus and Mint, DR Harris Arlington

With creams and soft soaps, there is a risk that it may dry out after a while, like maybe months or several weeks. Then you have to look at how soft it is now and how airtight the container is. Most tubes will say use within 12 months of opening but I have kept some for a few years without any problem. Others must have been sitting in the vendor's storage for years because they were dry when I got them and difficult to squeeze out. Tubs and pump bottles will dry up faster than well sealed tubes.

KMF stopped making key lime so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Palmolive is pretty boring so I don't reach for it often.

Then there are those who still load a dried up cream as if it were a soap. It's a preference. I might do this with an expensive or favorite cream. Cut open the package and put it in a small tupperware container.

3, i have a tub of Maca Root and 2 tubes of Proraso. Had a tube of Proraso white that was hard to squeeze out. Used it up. They've all been good since.

As long as you close the lid tightly you shouldn’t have any problems for at least a few years.

Tubed creams more or less solve the problem completely.

CF Lime does indeed dry out.

I regret to report, out of consideration to your wallet, that it is, nevertheless, seriously awesome.

CF is a good performing lime cream, though I prefer the scent of T&H's West Indian Lime which has a more natural, limey scent compared to the CF which reminded me of pine sol (not a bad scent, just artificial and chemical-like, but that could just be the Lime EO, because TOBS smells much the same to my nose).

Several....St james of london sandalwood & bergamot, tobs jermyn street, Fitjar Islands Havn, Fine accoutrements American blend, AOS lavender and la toja

I currently have the following:

GFT: Rose, Spanish Leather, GFT
TOBS: Rose, Lavender, Tobacco Leaf, Lime Zest, Mr. Taylor, Jermyn Street, Sandalwood Soap Stick (it behaves more like a cream then a soap) and I have a tub of Avocado on the way. In the past I used their Eaton College and St. James and Sandalwood.
Truefitt & Hill: West Indian Limes
MdC: Fougere
Cyril Salter: French Vetiver

I prefer soaps to creams, but use creams for their stronger scent and greater variety of scents. I use a soap (such as MWF, TOBS or DR Harris) as a base and superlather with a cream depending with the scent chosen based on the time of year.

Last edited:
You're kidding, right? Lavanda, Lea Classic, Tabac, Speick, Palmolive, O Melhor, Top Secret (rationing it ever so slowly, as I can't find it anywhere), Real Shaving Co Sensitive, Figaro, Rose of Bulgaria, La Toja, Barbon, Lea Sensitive, Vitos Tobacco in a big giant tube with a little teeny throat that makes it almost impossible to get the cream out, C&E Nomad (REALLY rationing this one), the original Erasmic (all I do now is pop the cap and have a sniff every so often).

Just four for me. I’ve gone all in on creams. I love the convenience and performance. I stick with one per week and these four get me through the month. No issues with drying out but these are on the firmer side to start with.

Aqua di Parma
Santa Maria Novella
Castle Forbes 1445
Baume BE

498DEF4B-419A-4D20-BAC8-8EC0DFDA636C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah if a cream container lid is properly closed there shouldn’t be much of a problem. I have several TOBS creams that are several years old and they still perform flawlessly 😋
I wouldn’t worry about it.

4 - La Toja, Musgo-Oakmoss, Lavanda, Palmolive. I think Palmolive will be PIFd. I’ll keep a stock of La Toja and Lavanda... great stuff.

Top Bottom