What's new

MORE Suspicious activity.

Back when I first joined this joint I thought the moderateration here was overly strict. I even got in a bit of trouble for mentioning it. I have since come to the conclusion that I was wrong and now appreciate how this forum is run. In fact I have made changes in the way I mod in the forums where I am a moderator.

👍👍 for the Mods here at B&B!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Back when I first joined this joint I thought the moderateration here was overly strict. I even got in a bit of trouble for mentioning it. I have since come to the conclusion that I was wrong and now appreciate how this forum is run. In fact I have made changes in the way I mod in the forums where I am a moderator.

👍👍 for the Mods here at B&B!

I think the goal for the strict moderation, is in order to maintain a friendly atmosphere for all people on B&B. What happens when you have a free for all environment where anything goes? Well, its called Reddit, which is known for being a cesspool, a place you would never want your kids to be!

And to be honest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are not much better. All social media sites have these problems, because they lack proper moderation, in order to insure a friendly atmosphere is pursued.

B&B, at least IMO, is the closest to heaven your ever going to get, in this physical plane of existence. I haven't had the opportunity to speak with all the moderators here. But I have had a couple conversations with @luvmysuper, he seems like a nice guy.

We did have a missunderstanding about something, but it was resolved I'd like to think. B&B is a labor of love to him, and you can see why, because this is a wonderful place to be. But it takes moderators to keep it that way.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I like to think that we try very hard to provide a platform where people feel comfortable enough to let their guard down and be their best, and they do.
The mods don't make this a great place, the members do!
We just try to prevent the occasional problem from stopping them.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Check the users profile for when they joined and number of posts. That may give you some insights into the person.

I have done public PIFs and private. If someone mentions they want something, or would like to try something, and I have it then I may PIF it. I will PM and tell them I would like to PIF them something and ask for their address.
I've only done that once, via PM, and I was apprehensive because I didn't want the person to feel awkward. Thankfully, everything went well.

Initially I wasn't going to reply to this person's email, because they'd clearly just grabbed some pictures off a google search, and it wasn't what I was looking for anyway. But then another member mentioned to watch out for this known scammer, and my slightly dubious 'sense of humour' kicked in. He seems to have stopped emailing after this...

IMG-7996.jpg

IMG-7995.jpg

IMG-7994.jpg

IMG-7958.jpg

IMG-7993.jpg

IMG-7992.jpg

IMG-7997.jpg

IMG-8184.jpg

Last edited:
Initially I wasn't going to reply to this person's email, because they'd clearly just grabbed some pictures off a google search, and it wasn't what I was looking for anyway. But then another member mentioned to watch out for this known scammer, and my slightly dubious 'sense of humour' kicked in. He seems to have stopped emailing after this...

View attachment 1460504
View attachment 1460503
View attachment 1460499
View attachment 1460505
View attachment 1460500
View attachment 1460501
View attachment 1460498
View attachment 1460496
I feel bad. ... for the cat.

@cotedupy your "conversation" with a scammer reminded me a bit of the Jolly Roger Telephone Company - they built a bot that "talks" to scammers for the express purpose of wasting their time. Some of the recordings are pretty amusing. Cheers!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Yep, these scammers are quite common unfortunately. You just gotta be extra vigilant is all, and not get scammed. And if you ever discover anything shady on the scammers side of things on B&B, make sure to report it to @luvmysuper

Generally what I do is quote their statement and comment in the public thread to PM me their address and I'll send them one no charge.
Folks seem more accepting when it's in public view, JMHO.
I agree. Transparency for all here to see trumps bad actors. I’m new here, but my mother didn’t raise any stupid children. Just one who can’t seem to kick the RAD.

Thank you Moderators for your dedication and diligence!

Curly

I want to second (and third, and fourth...) some others who have thanked the B&B moderators for what they do as volunteers. I haven't seen any "heavy handed" moderation here myself, as the guidelines ("rules," if you like) are in place to protect, not restrict. I feel like if something isn't clear after reading the guidelines, just ask. If something is over the line, be willing to accept correction with humility and move on.

I want to second (and third, and fourth...) some others who have thanked the B&B moderators for what they do as volunteers. I haven't seen any "heavy handed" moderation here myself, as the guidelines ("rules," if you like) are in place to protect, not restrict. I feel like if something isn't clear after reading the guidelines, just ask. If something is over the line, be willing to accept correction with humility and move on.
Well said StewB…😊👍💈

Top Bottom