What's new

More stunt shaving

No, I think not. TWO popsicle sticks is a small bit of conspicuous consumption, an affordable luxury. The grip is more ergonomic. Better balance. A feeling of solidity. A single stick might feel and look cheap, shabby, shoddy. Flimsy, even. If you want to save on production costs, sell it as a kit of parts, with online instructions.

well, I won't quibble over the luxuries of two popsicle sticks. but it was all a bit anti-climactic, seeing you use your eyes and all. :lol:

Legion

Staff member
Ah, Slash. I'm trying to work out from the vid if you are on a ship and bored, or you're bored because you are on land. Either way, I know I am going to try this or Seraph's chopstick version one day.

I have still not seen a version with someone shaving with a DE blade held in their fingers. That would be a stunt...

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
On a ship, but not bored. This was scientific inquiry. Okay, okay... it was showing off. ALRIGHT... maybe I was a little bored.

As for the DE blade held in fingers only, Buddhist monks in Thailand do this, I understand. Why not step up to the plate yourself? Shouldn't be hard. Just keep the blade flexed, so the shaving edge is flat against the skin, and stretch the skin nice and tight, and you should get a cut-free shave.

Okay, okay... maybe I will do it. But I really don't want to hog all the limelight. I want to spread the glory a little bit. Maybe we get a newbie to do it? First shave with a DE blade... ? Should be interesting.

I wish the camera had been held on the side, a vertical window like that chops out so much of the available image, our screens are wide, not tall. It's like standing your computer monitor on end!

If you used 2 tounge depressors you could probably staple it so there is only 1-2mm of blade exposure past the wood and have a cheapo disposable safety razor

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I wish the camera had been held on the side, a vertical window like that chops out so much of the available image, our screens are wide, not tall. It's like standing your computer monitor on end!

Actually it was an iphone standing up vertical, duct taped to my mirror. When I copied the file to my computer, it was laying on its side and I had to rotate it in my video editor. I forgot you have to turn the iphone sideways if you are going to transfer the video to a computer.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I just tried the DE blade held in my fingers. I wanted to do it once off camera before making a video. My advice is unless you are a budhhist monk, don't do it. It has been many, many years since I saw so much red lather, and I didn't even get partly shaved. Finished with one of my dependable Gold Dollars.

This is the most badass thing I’ve seen here. The only way it could be more hardcore is if you shave Chuck Norris style with your finger nails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom