What's new

More ore less Newbie

I have an alum block for that...
565CA183-3B89-464E-8E1D-5FD8B422D80D.jpeg
Getting a blade sampler was a good move.
Astra SP's are my favourite, for performance and price.

In the meantime a styptic pencil is your best friend for stopping the bleeding.
They are rather fragile, so maybe get a Jumbo version.
proxy.php

I have an alum block for that...View attachment 1003825
Eh... Not quite as good.
An alum block is made of potassium alum and, along with some other benefits, might stop or slow some minor bleeding.
From wikipedia:
A common delivery system for this is a styptic or hemostatic pencil (not to be confused with a caustic pencil). This is a short stick of medication. Anhydrous aluminium sulfate is the main ingredient and acts as a vasoconstrictor in order to disable blood flow. The stick is applied directly to the bleeding site. The high ionic strength promotes flocculation of the blood, and the astringent chemical causes local vasoconstriction.​
I use an alum block after shaving just as part of the regular routine, and sometimes I'll see a bit of bleeding half an hour later. A styptic pencil will do a much better job of cauterizing a nick. It's a one-trick pony.
It stings more than an alum block too.

Eh... Not quite as good.
An alum block is made of potassium alum and, along with some other benefits, might stop or slow some minor bleeding.
From wikipedia:
A common delivery system for this is a styptic or hemostatic pencil (not to be confused with a caustic pencil). This is a short stick of medication. Anhydrous aluminium sulfate is the main ingredient and acts as a vasoconstrictor in order to disable blood flow. The stick is applied directly to the bleeding site. The high ionic strength promotes flocculation of the blood, and the astringent chemical causes local vasoconstriction.​
I use an alum block after shaving just as part of the regular routine, and sometimes I'll see a bit of bleeding half an hour later. A styptic pencil will do a much better job of cauterizing a nick. It's a one-trick pony.
It stings more than an alum block too.

You where right about the Styptic Pencil! Much better than the Alum!

I've been DE shaving for over 3 years now, and I still have trouble pushing too hard. Welcome to B&B!
I think I’ve got the pressure figured out, had my most comfortable shave EVER today.
I used no pressure at all, just let my fingers guide the razor.

Top Bottom