What's new

More New Projects at Stone Cottage!

As I mentioned in the other thread currently running, I am working on some new projects for the guys here and the shaving community! We currently offer handcrafted soaps in quite a variety of scents and some especially for men matching the shaving cream we began to offer in August of 2014. In January of 2016 we began to offer our Liquid Soap which has become a popular item in the store with many coming back on a regular basis so they won't be without it! As you know, our shaving soap has been an important project this Summer and will soon be available in the store and online!

I am now working on a special soap for Men with some very special characteristics and will keep with it until I get is just right for you guys! In the meantime, I have continued research on body wash and will be getting into that in a very short time! I will be making a body wash with dense and creamy lather and one that will leave your skin feeling wonderful! I am hoping that will happen in the near future and am doing everything in my power to make that a reality!

I keep a very hectic schedule but focus on my business first! My retail store is open five days a week, Wednesday through Sunday and I cycle 15 miles every morning, Monday through Friday and workout, lift weights and do some cardio three days a week in the late afternoon into the evening and even find time to workout with my trainer once a week. It is important to me to try and keep in good shape and keep up with the demands of running a business or three! One of these you'll hear about shortly and the other will come shortly after that one is officially open! I really enjoy working on new things and new projects and coming up with products you can't find elsewhere. I appreciate your support, interest and those of you who have been following Stone Cottage here on Badger & Blade and on Facebook! There will be more things offered in the future and I can't wait to get started on those projects and share them with you!

I've been doing more and more research on Body Washes and am getting close to starting formulation on that product! In the meantime, I am working on the Men's special soap which is turning out to be fun! Working with familiar ingredients but in a different way can be a challenge! I have been making a batch a day for the last few days and have already been able to give the formulas I've made a try! Here are a few pics of the process!

$2016-09-10 16.53.56.jpg

A translucent quality from the beginning!

$2016-09-10 16.55.05.jpg

After stirring for a few minutes it becomes even more smooth and translucent!

$2016-09-10 16.56.03.jpg

Perfect consistency! Close-up time!

$2016-09-10 16.56.39.jpg

...poured into my little wooden mold that I first used in 2000 and now I use for sample batches! Held up well!

$2016-09-10 16.57.04.jpg

Smoothed over the top...

$2016-09-10 16.59.32.jpg

left to cure overnight...

$2016-09-11 10.57.24.jpg

Ready the next day! Came out great and has been a pleasure to use! Still, I want to see if I can make it even better!

Top Bottom