What's new

More new Czech Platinum blades (Tatra Platinum)

The blades look different on the pictures above. The edge is different. Also, I'd rather ask Czech Blades s.r.o. directly then a 'European supply company' (nomen illis legio)

P.S.: And I've just sent an inquiry to the manufacturer :)

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Tatra and Tiger are the same blade different packaging.I spoke to a European supply company and asked him about them.He said they were identical just packaged differently.They are coming out with a stainless steel blade soon.Thats something I would be interested in as I like SSblades better than platinums.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I read the same thing. Maybe I got a dud with the first one I tried that was a bad shave. I’ll be trying them both again and comparing in the same razor the next time.

Ok, I've got a reply from Czech Blades:

There is no any difference between these two blades, except the brand.
The quality of both blades is same and they are produced just as two brands Tiger and Tatra.
Both Platinum blades are produced of high quality Swedish stainless steel and they are teflon and platinum coated.

Case closed :)

Actually the Tigers are engraved with a 1 and 2 so you can tell which side you are using.
The Tatras don't have the numbers.
At least that is what the Italian Barber ad says but it says the same about the Tatras... I've seen pictures of the numbers on the Tigers but not the Tatras...
Both are $ are the same price with free shipping with Prime on Amazon but the carbon blades are $$... go figure...

Last edited:
Update: After picking up a couple of these blades and getting several quality shaves out of each, with three different razors, I decided to pick up 100. $9.99 on Amazon free shipping on orders over $25, I had a couple other things to pickup there anyway, so with combined purchase I scored the free shipping.

The Tatra packaging is pretty neat. The blades come 5 to a tuck. They also have the # 1 etched on the blade on the front side it’s on the upper left corner, the # 2 is etched on the reverse side on the bottom right corner.

They are double wrapped, Blue Tatra wrapper outside, plain white inside wrapper, just a tiny bit glue.

Two shaves from the first blade, out of this batch of 100 so far. I’ll try it one of my other razors next, probably the Chieftain. I already tried a blade in my EJ DE 89 and Henson AL 13 mild with the Blades I received in PIF from @Paulford

Great shaves every-time thus far BBS.
18FF192D-1B80-48EF-9B6C-FB26A8CC4CB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump for updates?🤗
Recently ordered some Razolution blades from RBC. They were said to be made in Germany, so I paid $4 for a 10 pack. When I got them they said Made in EU, and there was some confusion if they were Solingen, German made. I emailed the company and got a wonderful response stating that the production shifted to Czech with Solingen made machinery.

I tried a Tatra platinum razor today, and while I need to do much more testing, I'm pretty sure they are the same blade. Both are double wrapped, Czech made, glue spots, and laser engraved.

However the Razolution do say they are ice tempered? Not sure if Tatra is, or if this is a carried over statement from when the Razolution blades were made in Germany.
I'll try to get pics later on, nevertheless, I've had wonderful shaves with Tatra! Going to order 100 tuck.

Top Bottom