What's new

More new Czech Platinum blades (Tatra Platinum)

I'm getting tempted to get some of these Tetra's. I better stay out of the razor blade dept. I have 4 years worth of blades that I haven't used yet.

Second shave was better than the first of course. I still compare them to Rapira Lux but for some reason I feel as if they’re thinner. I don’t know why. There’s a quality they lack. I can’t put my finger on it.
Good blade.👍

Second shave was better than the first of course. I still compare them to Rapira Lux but for some reason I feel as if they’re thinner. I don’t know why. There’s a quality they lack. I can’t put my finger on it.
Good blade.[emoji106]

Thanks RD for the feedback [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting tempted to get some of these Tetra's. I better stay out of the razor blade dept. I have 4 years worth of blades that I haven't used yet.
I have 60 years worth and that didn't stop me from ordering a pack yesterday. :lol: Actually ordered a pack of both the Tatras and the Platinum Tigers.

I have 60 years worth and that didn't stop me from ordering a pack yesterday. :lol: Actually ordered a pack of both the Tatras and the Platinum Tigers.

If I change blade every other week, which I am sure is no problem for me, then I have blades for 86 years :D
Didn't stop me neither from order a pack of 100 Tatras. Feels great to know I have blades for the rest of my life :D

No current production blade lasts 7 days in my case. Maximum 5 shaves. There were the old Schick and Wilkinson Sword blades that could give me 7, but that's history. Some of the current production blades even are good only for 2 3-pass shaves with my whiskers [7 O'clock Super Stainless].

No current production blade lasts 7 days in my case. Maximum 5 shaves. There were the old Schick and Wilkinson Sword blades that could give me 7, but that's history. Some of the current production blades even are good only for 2 3-pass shaves with my whiskers [7 O'clock Super Stainless].
What if, and I know I’m crazy but, what if they only shave four or five times a week?

What if, and I know I’m crazy but, what if they only shave four or five times a week?
They'd look like bums 2 or 3 days a week :). I used to avoid shaving every day I had off from work when I used a cart, just because it irritated me so much. No need to do that now since I get comfortable shaves every day but I don't actually hold it against anyone else for not shaving every day.

Well I would say that I have at least medium whiskers, and I have no problem to keep a blade alive at least 8 days. I shave maybe 3-4 times a week, so two weeks should be no problem for me. My current Wilkinson Sword is on shave nr 22 :)

I've just shaved a couple times with a Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus in the same razor I used the Tatra in. The blades seem pretty similar in sharpness. Quality of the shaves so far is the same. On the first shave, the Rubie was maybe slightly smoother but not by much. On the second shave, I'd give a very slight edge in smoothness to the Tatra. I'll keep going with the Rubie as long as it's giving me irritation free shaves to see if its longevity is significantly different but for now I'd say if you like Rubies, you'll like Tatras.

I got a sampler a while back with a few packs of all the Rapira blades. I'm not sure if the Lux's I got were a little off but they didn't seem as sharp as a couple other Rapiras. On me, they left some whiskers behind even when I used them in an aggressive razor. I thought the Swedish Supersteels were the sharpest of all of them. They were all pretty smooth though. None of them were close to as sharp as the Tatras. If you like a smooth blade with sort of medium sharpness, I could see how you might not like the Tatras.

I got a sampler a while back with a few packs of all the Rapira blades. I'm not sure if the Lux's I got were a little off but they didn't seem as sharp as a couple other Rapiras. On me, they left some whiskers behind even when I used them in an aggressive razor. I thought the Swedish Supersteels were the sharpest of all of them. They were all pretty smooth though. None of them were close to as sharp as the Tatras. If you like a smooth blade with sort of medium sharpness, I could see how you might not like the Tatras.
I like Tatras. They just feel cheap or thin or something. Rapira Swedish SS are my favorite blade atm. I think the Lux is sharper and smoother than the Tatras. I compared those two because they have the same coating and they do feel somewhat similar.

Had my fourth shave with the Tatra today. Smooth and comfortable, can't see any signs of degrade of performance so far. Will probably go for at least 8-10 shaves or more. Great value, will most surly order some hundred of these to be settled for a while :)

I ordered 100 of these, received them, and got 5 good shaves from the first blade I tried. They are smoother and sharper than Astra SP to me, and I'm not disappointed at all. I'll use these in my rotation along with my other blades.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Had my fourth shave with the Tatra today. Smooth and comfortable, can't see any signs of degrade of performance so far. Will probably go for at least 8-10 shaves or more. Great value, will most surly order some hundred of these to be settled for a while :)
since you're already started, why not test the blade until it gives up, then we can have a really in depth look at the quality ?

since you're already started, why not test the blade until it gives up, then we can have a really in depth look at the quality ?
I've been trying a Kai blade lately, and resurrected a German Wilkinson Sword today (23), but will continue with the Tatra later this week.
The Wilkinson is really in the end of it's lifetime now so will probably bin it.

Top Bottom