What's new

More Love From Mrs Boaz

Hi all, I had a bit of time to myself today so after sorting out the household chores it was Razor time.

I took a few photos of my inherited tech after I had given it a thorough clean and polish then started thinking about keeping it safe, I have a large tin which used sweets but now it's got some blades and my other Razors but both the tech and my birth year razor are not case and therefore prone to damage.

proxy.php

I started to think of how I could protect them, wrapping them in kitchen roll, cutting down a cereal box to make a smaller box but then I spotted some bubble wrap. I had an idea to make a pouch to give them a bit of protection:

proxy.php

This was very easy to do and I was pretty happy, unfortunately I did not hear Mrs B return from work and wonder what I was up to? After explaining she thought the idea was sound but not particularly pleasing on the eye, we knocked a few ideas back and forth for a mk2 version with Mrs B very kindly offering to fashion a couple of pouches out of felt.

I suggested denim as I could easily sacrifice a pair of trousers.

Once we we have them rigged up if anyone is interested I will share.

Thanks for looking

B

Last edited:
Boaz,

If you want to put the razor into the felt case and that into something durable, you may like to try the plastic Business Card boxes. I use these to ship razors all over the world and they are just about indestructible. Low cost too.

The razor will be snug from scrathes inside the felt pouch and even safer inside the plastic case for longer storage or transport needs.

I see you are in bonny Scotland, I can send you a couple if you like, I'm just down the A1 in Durham

Boaz,

If you want to put the razor into the felt case and that into something durable, you may like to try the plastic Business Card boxes. I use these to ship razors all over the world and they are just about indestructible. Low cost too.

The razor will be snug from scrathes inside the felt pouch and even safer inside the plastic case for longer storage or transport needs.

I see you are in bonny Scotland, I can send you a couple if you like, I'm just down the A1 in Durham

cheers, great idea and thanks for the offer, standby by for a pm

Like most decent couples I am fortunate to be Married to a good Woman, with Valentines day approaching I am sure I can do something that my good lady will appreciate.

Part one of pouch making is underway

1 metre of black felt fabric £2.65', I have some press studs as well. Just the design phase then mock up and we will be sorted for production.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'll get your plastic card boxes sent off tomorrow too, so you'll have them in time to lay the pouches inside :)

Excellent thanks again, I will wait until the boxes are here to ensure my custom, hand made, 100 percent polyester, felt pouches fit properly :))

Hi all, a productive day in the Boaz household today. Pouches made for the black handle and thanks to Dave at Restored Razors a Tech travel kit with protective box and a mini pouch to suit.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Another quick pic update just to show the size difference, both fit in the one box.

proxy.php

cheers.

Good Show Boaz! It really makes it nice when the lady's in our lives take part in our wet shaving journey. Congratulations on a project well done sir!!!

Top Bottom