What's new

More Kai blade Trials.

After testing out the Kai blade in my milder razors. I though I would see how they do in my three favorite razors. The Kai blade had a more dramatic effect on my most mild razors than compared to my favorite razors. I was expecting to be able to review my impressions on each of my three favorite razors like I did with my mild razors. All I can really report is it’s an above average blade that really didn’t change much of the dynamics in my shave with these razors. I was expecting the Kai to make my favorite razors shave worse than with blades that are a standard width. That was not the case. The razors in my den that are my favorite are the Henson medium, Th Gillette Canadian prewar tech, and the Gillette slim.
I think if you have a razor that shaves to mild for you there is a good chance a Kai blade will improve the shave for you. If the razor is already performing well, it will not make much of a difference.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Interesting conclusion to the DE Kai SS blade, I think when a person puts a Kai in a mid range razor and depending on how mature your technique is and you your sweet spot for blade feel a person just tilts his razor automatically slightly to find that sweet spot but it should still give a larger shaving angle window for that razor if person desires that because of the extra blade exposure is my conclusion to the Kai blade. I like using mine in milder razors that are sitting idle and now they get used more because I enjoy blade feel as my technique matured.

Interesting conclusion to the DE Kai SS blade, I think when a person puts a Kai in a mid range razor and depending on how mature your technique is and you your sweet spot for blade feel a person just tilts his razor automatically slightly to find that sweet spot but it should still give a larger shaving angle window for that razor if person desires that because of the extra blade exposure is my conclusion to the Kai blade. I like using mine in milder razors that are sitting idle and now they get used more because I enjoy blade feel as my technique matured.
Perhaps because the razor that performs well you make the angle adjustment. With a razor that is too mild you can more easily get the angle you need to cut the whiskers with the wider Kai blade.

Great observation!

My experience is generally similar. Blade performance depends on the razor. For me the most dramatic example is Feather blades, which are usually just a bit too sharp and unforgiving for my tastes. That is EXCEPT in an AS/D2 where Feathers are a match made in heaven!!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom