What's new

More from Antique Stores

I found all this this afternoon. The head on the New should have been a reject, made in USA is defective.
3 FatBoys
1 Slim
2 flare tips
1 New Improved
1 New
GEM
Blades

Last edited:
Mike, one of the Fatboys looks gold. If it is, doesn't that make it something else - something more than a Fatboy? Amazing finds, congratulations!

:cool:

The gold one is an executive. Man you people and your lucky antique stores! All I ever find are Superspeeds marked up to 50 bucks in mismatched cases...

The gold one is an executive. Man you people and your lucky antique stores! All I ever find are Superspeeds marked up to 50 bucks in mismatched cases...

Mike,

I think I've figured out your success with all those great antique store finds - so many great razors in such great condition - even an Executive! It must be because of all the Mountain Men in Washington, who tried shaving once then gave it up to grow their full beards while hunting grizzlies in the wild! What do you think? Maybe?

:cool:

Any one know anything about the durham razor (the wide one) I see them all the time. Can you still get blades?

You are in what I call a virgin area. These shops have never been hit by a razor fan. I'll guarantee you that they have had all of those razors for years and now that you have cleaned them out they will most likely never have another, or if they do it won't be nice ones. You have just taught them that safety razors now have value. They will pop out to eBay to check them out. From this point on they will list anything they find, if they find anything, on eBay.

You are in what I call a virgin area. These shops have never been hit by a razor fan. I'll guarantee you that they have had all of those razors for years and now that you have cleaned them out they will most likely never have another, or if they do it won't be nice ones. You have just taught them that safety razors now have value. They will pop out to eBay to check them out. From this point on they will list anything they find, if they find anything, on eBay.

I guess in a way, we end up "doing ourselves in"....It's kinda bittersweet. I can't tell you how many razors I've seen in stores over the years. They were almost like junk.

I've bought a couple of lower end razors--SS's and a Tech. The antique dealer seemed relieved to get rid of them and made me a deal to take a second one. Two for five dollars...

I personally don't feel a need to own more than I can use, but if you guys that do collect save them from a future at the bottom of a landfill--I salute you...

cheers,

Marty E.

Top Bottom