What's new

More Efficient AC Blade for Hawk

I thoroughly enjoy using my RazoRock Hawk v2, but it's not as efficient as some of my other razors like the Fatip Piccolo or the Muhle Rocca. I have only used Feather Pro blades in the Hawk. What other blades should I try if my goal is to improve the efficiency of the razor?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SchickProline.640JPG.JPG

I like these best.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've ordered some Proline blades from Rakuten. I'm not sure how long they will take to arrive here in the US, but once I've tried them I'll post my reaction.

I received the Schick Proline blades and have used one a few times. In my opinion, they provide a slightly closer shave than the Feather Pro blades, but are at least as smooth if not slightly smoother. All in all, an upgrade from the Feather Pro's - which are a very good blade in the Hawk.

Today I did a side by side with the Proline loaded into my Hawk on one side and the Rocca loaded with an Israeli Personna Red on the other. After a very comfortable two pass shave on both sides, the Rocca side is noticeably, if not dramatically, closer.

Today I did a side by side with the Proline loaded into my Hawk on one side and the Rocca loaded with an Israeli Personna Red on the other. After a very comfortable two pass shave on both sides, the Rocca side is noticeably, if not dramatically, closer.

The Hawk V2 is definitely on the low efficiency side, not efficient enough for me. They're are more efficient AC razors.

The Feather Pro Super blade will increase the efficiency of any AC-blade razor, in my experience. The blade is wider from edge to back than any of the other choices, thus increasing the blade exposure of any razor.

The Feather Pro Super blade will increase the efficiency of any AC-blade razor, in my experience. The blade is wider from edge to back than any of the other choices, thus increasing the blade exposure of any razor.
Thanks, I'll give them a try.

Yep. It's hard to beat the Proline blades. I was using them in my Schicks until I discovered twin blades from Japan.
Doing my happy dance now

Feather Pro blades were not sharp/efficient enough for me, Pro Supers were more blade exposure of a not so sharp/efficient blade. Proline blades are much better than Feather for me.

The Feathers seemed to work better in some of the older razors I have. The Prolines work in everything that I have tried them in. Both of my Hawks do well with them.

It's funny, I had the Hawk V1 and I thought it was a mild shaver. Now I have the V2 and it seems much more aggressive to me. I'm not sure what changed. I used a Feather Pro Guard blade in it. I'm going to try a Schick Proline today. Lately I have been favoring milder razors.

The Hawk V2 is definitely on the low efficiency side, not efficient enough for me. They're are more efficient AC razors.

I found the Hawk V2 to be more aggressive than the V1. I know they are suppose to be the same but I feel a big difference between the two.

Top Bottom