What's new

More Apollo Mikron adjustables

I don't want to bore you with Apollo razors, but I've got these last 2 pristine sets I feel the community of DE shavers will appreciate seeing. Hard to know when I'll bring myself to shave with these, but I'm really tempted and will have to sometime. And hard to imagine I'll ever find Mikrons in better condition than these.
proxy.php

proxy.php

No flaws. No pitting or corrosion. Really beautiful and examples of German engineering at its finest.

proxy.php

Better than new. Or at least as good as when they were released 60+ years ago.

They are gorgeous!

The razors, the cases, the medallions and even the instructions!
Puh-leeeeze don't shave with them! They deserve to be kept NOS.

What is that flat metal thing in the upper right corner of the instruction sheet? It looks like the top of a key?
And there's a wire brush sticking up in one of the cases ... how was that meant to be used?

Several of us have recently been trying without success to find Apollo Mikron Instructions.

Would you please post a copy of your Instructions (both sides)? We would be deeply indebted to you!

Thanx in advance.

Will post a scan of the instructions. They use standard DE blades. The brush is for cleaning the razor. The key is for making micro adjustments on an inner mechanism. Will post photos later.

Beautiful Jake. I especially love the flip top case w/ chrome razor. Stunning. Look forward to seeing a few more pics.

Really really nice razors! Those are something special for sure. I would shave with one but keep the other NOS.

Can you measure the width snd the thickness of the working part of the key? Keys are even harder to find than the razors.

Seems like one could fabricate something from a screwdriver or putty knife.

Thanks

The instruction sheet is only printed on one side. Here's a recent version I have, scanned and uploaded.
proxy.php

I think there's a good translation on this site, some where.

The inside of the handle/barrel has this inner tube with a slot for the micro-adjuster key to make finer adjustments to the opening of the head. As you can see here.
proxy.php

Sorry it's slightly overexposed -- smartphone photo in terrible lighting. But at least you can get the idea. And I'll try to get better photos this weekend and also do a larger image with measurements of the key.

Top Bottom