What's new

More Antique Store Finds!!

So I went looking around in the local antique stores, and found a few razors. There was an all plastic Star Tech, a Bakalite Injector, and a plastic handled Injector with a little lever on the bottom.

I picked up the plastic handled one, and proceed to find the proprietor of the booth. He tells me it will be $1.00!! I happily pay, and he says "Why do you want only that one?" I tell him I think it will clean up better.

He indicates, he has some Gillette's at his house, in a display case, and will bring them by tomorrow if I like. I ask him the cost on them, he says $2-3 dollars each!! Tomorrow could result in some awesome finds!!

----

So I go back to the booth today, and he did bring the razors in, I found the following, for $25.00. Most of these are going to go to the B/S/T to find homes with deserving newbies:

proxy.php

The find includes the following:

2 x Silver Fat Handled Techs
1 x Tech with Black Plastic Handle
1 x Gillette "Old" with a Ball Handle from a Gillette "New". Head is silver, handle is gold.
1 x "Star" Tech. Base plate, and handle are black plastic. Head cap is metal.
1 x Schick Injector with Bakelite handle.
1 x Ever Ready 1912 S.E. with the Ornate Handle.

I plan on keeping the "Old", and the Injector if it cleans up well. Everything else will go to the B/S/T.

7 razors for $25.00, or $3.57 each.

Last edited:
64 views, and no comments?? :frown:

Anyway, out of the batch, I am only going to be keeping the "Old". Watch for the rest of the batch to hit the B/S/T by the middle of the week. :w00t::w00t:

64 views, and no comments?? :frown:

Anyway, out of the batch, I am only going to be keeping the "Old". Watch for the rest of the batch to hit the B/S/T by the middle of the week. :w00t::w00t:

Nice find. I like hunting for razors in the wild too. You never know when you will stumble upon a great score.

Steve

The best antique store find I have had was a Tuckaway-like Norfolk set for $28. Not quite the $5 Toggle, but not bad. However, I that was over 8 months ago and I've not gotten much since, sadly!:frown:

Nice finds.

That Schick injector with the bakelite handle is pretty much my daily shaver now. I found mine at an antique store, too, but they charged me 6 bucks instead of 1-3. Well worth the 6 bucks, IMO.

Load that baby up with the Schick injector blades (from drugstore.com) and give it a whirl. Use the same principles you use with DE shaving. I think you're going to like it.:thumbup1:

gaah between this and the thread with the b&b member getting a huge collection for $50, I am going to start checking out these stores..

Top Bottom