What's new

Moonshine Devil Dog

This pipe has caught my eye and am thinking about getting one in the Leather Blast. Appreciate any input from those who have one. Also have my eye on a Morgan Blackjack for around the same money.
Thanks

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I've looked at the Moonshine pipes myself but don't own one. They are handsome and see no reason why they aren't worth a shot...post your choice and results!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have a Moonshine Poker I picked up from Hirsute’s Pipe Emporium and it smokes great and construction is top notch. I wouldn’t hesitate if the pipe shape speaks to you.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Moonshine pipes are good pipes for short money. Briarworks makes them, so you know they’re well drilled and you’ll be getting a sound pipe.

Morgan Blackjack pipes are nice too. What you’re getting in a Blackjack over a Bones is a pipe without sandpits or voids, and a finished pipe that’s stained. For my money I like the Bones, and you can always stain it if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonshine pipes are good pipes for short money. Briarworks makes them, so you know they’re well drilled and you’ll be getting a sound pipe.

Morgan Blackjack pipes are nice too. What you’re getting in a Blackjack over a Bones is a pipe without sandpits or voids, and a finished pipe that’s stained. For my money I like the Bones, and you can always stain it if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very valuable information. I could buy 3 Bones for the price of one Blackjack.
Thanks

I have 2 Moonshine pipes and 2 BlackJacks. Both brands smoke great and I don't know that there is an advantage in that area. Really it's just about which one you want most aesthetically. Bones are also a great option (I have many of those!).

I have 2 Moonshine pipes and 2 BlackJacks. Both brands smoke great and I don't know that there is an advantage in that area. Really it's just about which one you want most aesthetically. Bones are also a great option (I have many of those!).
I have two Bones Pipes. A Stubby Anse and a Zuludog. They both are terrific smokers. Think I might hold off until Chris releases his next batch and pick up a couple more if PAD does not kick in first. Thanks for the info.

I too am curious about the differences. Really set on the Anse shape. I’m wanting a pipe to enjoy for the rest of my life so the price of the moonshine pipe doesn’t scare me. Are the bones pipes handmade?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I too am curious about the differences. Really set on the Anse shape. I’m wanting a pipe to enjoy for the rest of my life so the price of the moonshine pipe doesn’t scare me. Are the bones pipes handmade?

I don’t think either company shapes the pipes entirely by hands.

Top Bottom