What's new

Monthly photo challenge: November 2022 Black & White

I'm voting for #11. I like the grain on it and the composition tells a story. I used to be involved in a mystery writing web site where there was a daily photo posted and you had to write a short story based on that photo. This reminds me of that site.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I'm voting for #11. I like the grain on it and the composition tells a story. I used to be involved in a mystery writing web site where there was a daily photo posted and you had to write a short story based on that photo. This reminds me of that site.
That sounds like an interesting project. My wife is the writer in our home, she might enjoy something like that.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
My wife wants a new camera. How do you like this one?
I am pretty pleased and mine is the original 2013 model. I also owned a Nikon D700 but it was a heavy beast of a camera and I did recently sell it. The Sony A7 is full frame and with adapters I can mount all my vintage 1950 and 60s lenses and get the full effect rather than just a crop sensor where I only get the center.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am pretty pleased and mine is the original 2013 model. I also owned a Nikon D700 but it was a heavy beast of a camera and I did recently sell it. The Sony A7 is full frame and with adapters I can mount all my vintage 1950 and 60s lenses and get the full effect rather than just a crop sensor where I only get the center.
I've got an old Minolta XG-1 and some lenses that I bought not long after high skool.

I've got a friend that buys old movie projector lenses that does some incredible work with using adapters.

But we are finally at a place in life where we can travel, and the idea of lugging around those boat anchors around don't thrill me at all. And even though my cell phone photos ain't bad, I would like something a little bit better....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Tony Miller : I just HAVE to tell you, your tag line those evil Mods stuck you with just gave me a happy tear.

My Mom used to call my Dad a variety on that theme for doing stuff that my wife would call me if she weren't a dyed in the wool Baptist!

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
@Tony Miller : I just HAVE to tell you, your tag line those evil Mods stuck you with just gave me a happy tear.

My Mom used to call my Dad a variety on that theme for doing stuff that my wife would call me if she weren't a dyed in the wool Baptist!
I know.....gives me a laugh every time I see it. The UPS driver gets a laugh carrying in a box of hides that says "Clean Horse Butts" in Sharpie on the side where the tannery has labeled them.

Top Bottom