What's new

Montgommery

Today I wanted to talk about Montgommery shave soaps. Montgommery is a French artisan brand based in Normandy.
While Martin De Candre is internationally know for the quality of its soaps, Montgommery is quite confidential.

While French, I only discovered them last month. Weeks later I ordered a tub and received it yesterday.
Too excited to wait any l longer, I gave it a go this morning and here is my little review :

Before dwelling upon the process, I have to say that the soap is marketed as Forêt (forest). However the scent is quite subtle and I did not really get any woodiness. Instead I was thinking about soapy, clean fresh bedclothes. It's not a bad smell at all. I had to mention it because it could put off some of you, attached to wood and strong scents.

I Used my my Progress loaded with a Treet blade (my go-to pairing), to only focus on the lather.
The artisan advises to wet the soap before loading it. That's exactly what I did. I didn't shake mutch the brush to keep a good amount of water in it.
When loading, I did it for about 30 seconds, above my Muhle mug to catch the spatter.
While I was loading the brush I noticed that it was already quite foamy and as a consequence, the build up in the mug was very quick and effortless.
In the ingredients' list there is olive oil, however it didn't prevent me from obtaining a good amount of very good lather.
I had more than enough lather for a three pass shave. I didn't need to go back to the tub.
It lubricated very well and brought a nice cushioning effect.

I didn't nick myself. No redness and for quite possibly the first time, zero feedback from the alum stick which Impressed me greatly.
I completed this great shave with a very nice French balm which smells very close to Le Mâle de Jean-Paul Gaultier.

If you are not that bothered about strong scents, I think that Montgommery is a great soap. simple yet very efficient.

So if you are looking for a French alternative to MCD, you can definitely check Montgommery out!

If you have already tried one of their soaps please tell me how it went!
IMG_20220130_105533979.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom