What's new

WTB Montblanc Meisterstück 149 (EF) and Pelikan M1000 (EF)

Dear fellow wetshavers who also appreciate fine writing instruments,

I am looking for these two pens in a great pre-owned condition for a reasonable price. I ordered a Pelikan from a UK based retailer, but it is not arriving until mid February. And this new PAD (pen acquisition disorder) is becoming hard to control :)

if you have either of these pens with EF nibs and would be willing to part with them please let me know. I could also offer nice brushes or razors as trade items.

Thank you,
Alex

Alex, I have the limited edition Pelikan San Francisco with an EF nib tuned by nibmeister Richard Binder. It is not as large a pen as the M1000, but is less common and, in my opinion, better looking, as well. PM me if you are interested. It is one of the best fountain pens I’ve ever owned. I have used many, but no longer use them at all, so I may as well start unloading at some point.
I also have an LE Visconti called the Wall Street, in the blue-green color, in a very nice EF. This one is about the same size as the M1000, if you are looking for a larger, heavier pen. Also has the reserve ink reservoir and the no-drip ”airplane mode,” if you will, which is pretty genius. This one was tuned by Binder and then later tuned again by Deb (I forget her last name; she is a nibmeister in North Carolina). I think she made it just a touch drier than I wanted it; seems to stop/start a lot more than it should). Otherwise a fine pen with very little use; maybe a little tweak from Richard or another nibmeister might have it writing perfectly.

Sorry for the long post. I was, at one time, very enthusiastic about fountain pens. I demanded EF nibs with light-to-medium flow because of the types of papers I was forced to use at the time; plus I really like a very fine line.

Again, PM if interested, or if you have questions.

Top Bottom