What's new

Monsavon Shaving Soap: A pleasant surprise.

It's been awhile since I used this stuff, but I broke it out this morning for a run. Man, I don't know what it is but this stuff just agrees with my face. I get impeccable shaves everytime I use it. Probably about the best shaves I get from anything.

I know this stuff is considered cheap and low quality but I've found it to far exceed these expectations.

I'm still waiting for my Monsavon which a fellow comrade sent me about a week ago, directly from France. I have a brand new container waiting for it :biggrin1:

No need for the extra container; I keep this soap in the original container and it works fine.

Monsavon is preety good stuff, at a ridiculous price. :thumbup1:

No need for the extra container; I keep this soap in the original container and it works fine.

Monsavon is preety good stuff, at a ridiculous price. :thumbup1:

Yes indeed, I got one from a collegue who goes to france quite often and tried it last night with my small size boar brush and it drinks a lot of water to get nice and slick but it is a good performer and smells nice too. I also had no problems lathering in the small plastic container it came in. Sure lather flies of the puck but you can use that as pre shave soap.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Yes indeed, I got one from a collegue who goes to france quite often and tried it last night with my small size boar brush and it drinks a lot of water to get nice and slick but it is a good performer and smells nice too. I also had no problems lathering in the small plastic container it came in. Sure lather flies of the puck but you can use that as pre shave soap.

Glad to see that you got your hands on one! I love that soap!

Got one on a recent holiday.
I do not know what to think of this soap.
It smells good, it looks good.
For the money, it is an easy lathering soap.

Still, no good results.

I'd maybe practice a bit more :(

Just got a friend to pick me up some in France. Looking forward to it if he can find it!

Shouldn't be a problem, apparently it's widely available there!

My first try with it, I lathered up and then accidentally knocked the bowl on the floor and smashed it.

Cleaned up, changed brush and face lathered, and it worked very well. It's only behind Palmolive in my cheap soaps pecking order. Ahead of Arko though!

Got one on a recent holiday.
I do not know what to think of this soap.
It smells good, it looks good.
For the money, it is an easy lathering soap.

Still, no good results.

I'd maybe practice a bit more :(

Maybe you should Wim. I won't say that it is the best there is but it definitely worked well in my den.

So good in fact that I bought me a few more tubs again this year and give it a firm place in my rotation.

When in France I picked up some bowls earlier this summer for next to nothing (1.20 euro a piece). I like it a lot but I like other soaps better. I find it an easy to lather soap with good glide and protection. Soaps I currently like better are MWF, Cella, Palmolive shave stick, La Toja shave stick.

Just got a friend to pick me up some in France. Looking forward to it if he can find it!

They are available at all supermarket and most smaller shops as well. I can get a good shave but there is something chemical about the scent that I have a hard time to get around.

Top Bottom