What's new

Mongoose Razor Tour/Pass Around

Greetings B&Bers,

Several months ago I was fortunate to buy one of the Batch 1 Mongoose razors and have been enjoying it, along with my Cobra Classic, ever since. While these two razors both use the same Feather and Kai blades they are different beasts and, unsurprisingly, shave differently. Some seem to prefer the Cobra, others the Mongoose, and still others (like myself) are simply happy to have another razor that uses these exceptional blades.

So that members intrigued by the Mongoose can make and educated decision regarding whether it may be a razor that suits their skin and beard I am contemplating sharing mine with the community, but I first wanted to gauge interest. Rules for participation would be the same as previous ones I have hosted. (See details in the King Cobra Classic Tour thread.)

If you meet the minimum requirements and have interest in participating please send me a PM, and if we reach a critical mass the tour will ensue. [emoji6]

Last edited:
I for one have been interested in purchasing a Mongoose (when the head only is available) and would love the chance to try before I buy.

I would be interested in joining your Mongoose tour. I've never used an SE razor, but I've heard lots of praise for the Mongoose and have become interested in it!

I have been lucky enough to participate on this tour, and found the experience to be great. I am one of the rare few who prefer the cobra classic. Any chance of doing a cobra tour? I would live to sign up for that one.

I have been lucky enough to participate on this tour, and found the experience to be great. I am one of the rare few who prefer the cobra classic. Any chance of doing a cobra tour? I would live to sign up for that one.

I can't work out how to search for a link on Tapatalk, but if you search for the cobra pass around you'll find a long running thread, also set up, I believe, by the same generous OP as this thread.

Edit: not sure if this link will work or not.... http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=264022

Last edited:
I have been a lucky participant on Michael's generous Classic, King and Feather AC tours.
Sign me up for this one please!

It looks like we have reached that critical mass. I will work on either starting a new thread or seeking the assistance of a moderator to change the title so we can simply carry on here. Stay tuned for details.

It looks like we have reached that critical mass. I will work on either starting a new thread or seeking the assistance of a moderator to change the title so we can simply carry on here. Stay tuned for details.

Awesome, thanks so much for doing this.

I would love to try a Mongoose. Definitely count me in.

The guys below me get to move up one spot. I just bought a Mongoose razor so I can be taken off the list.

Two shaves in and I'm really enjoying it. This may change once I have more than two shaves with it but right now for me I'd rank the big three Feather Pro blade razors in terms of performance as follows:

1. King Cobra - this one was just so smooth and an absolute joy to shave with from the minute I picked it up, the non stainless steel, unique handle threading, very high cost and lack of availability are what kept me away. One of the very best razors I've ever used in terms of performance and comfort.
2. Mongoose - A little more aggressive that the King Cobra and a bit clunky for me with the delivered handle, but a quick switch to the ATT kronos handle removed all of the clunkiness and made this thing as nimble as can be. I still have to try some other blades and I'm not completely used to shaving with it yet. A disadvantage is that it won't take the Dorko pro style blades that are inexpensive and I really like.
3. Cobra Classic - A great shaver but not as smooth as the two above. I considered this one before the other two were available but gave up on it due to the construction material in relation to the cost. At this price I'd like to see stainless. Another excellent razor though.

All three of these razors give an outstanding shave that you can walk out the door with in just two passes with the third pass taking it to perfection. These blades are definitely sharper than any de blade and seriously efficient for me. I do enjoy the increased blade size especially when I'm running late in the morning.

Thank you Michael for your continued generosity! Without your generosity I wouldn't have gotten to try either Cobra razor. These tours are amazing and an asset to the forum.

I'm surprised that more people haven't signed up for this tour yet.

Hi All,

I apologize for this thread going dark for a bit, but life has been a bit hectic lately and the tour had to fall to the wayside for a bit...but it is happening. Participant #1 should take delivery on Monday, February 9th, if USPS follows through on 2-Day Priority Mail.

Tour List
tukyou
vadim
admvalentine
DrColossus11
Mojo88
Rory1262
jzuzphreek
mrlandpirate
Haggises
DaltonGang
prairie-dad

General requirements for tour participation
B&B members that are active and in "good standing" are welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour. I deem active and in good standing infers you have been around B&B for at least a few months and are participating in the community. If you do not qualify today, but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds...so please feel free to send me a message and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

Following are the rules I have borrowed repeatedly from our good friend Texbilly.
------------------------------------

Gents, nothing but a bit of common courtesy here, meant to keep the tour fair, fun and safe. :blush:

1. Please limit your time with the gear no more than 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. Sure, there will be exceptions and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel), let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going. When you receive the razor please reach out to the next tour participant so that you have their mailing address and details on-hand when it comes time to ship.

2. The package will include a Batch 2 satin Mongoose head, an iKon Bulldog handle, a leather case for the razor, and several packages of blades including Feather Professionals, Feather Super Professionals and Kai Milds. Members should feel free to try one of each blade type if interested. Everyone's experience will be different, but I would rank the blades in order of aggression from Kai Mild to Professional to Super Professional.

3. I am shipping the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Soapy hot water, Barbicide and Scrubbing Bubbles are good. Boiling water baths, bleach, etc. are bad, so please refrain. :tongue_sm

4. Please carefully wrap and ship the package. It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box, which costs about $6. Due to the value of the razor, case and blades I am requesting anyone wishing to participate on the tour be willing to insure the package for $180 so I can replace the razor should it be lost. Shipping and insurnace will be under $10 total, which I hope is a relatively small price to pay to give the razor a try.

5. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Please PM me if you have questions.

6. Please post reviews and impressions, good or bad, to share with your fellow B&B members. This is what the tour is all about.

7. Have fun! :w00t:

Last edited:
Top Bottom