What's new

Mongoose "aggressiveness" SS versus AL (v1) versus AL (v2)

I have read where at least two guys said that SS B2 & B3 were about the same. I had a B2 and the AlumiGoose V1 is more aggressive. I definitely found the AlumiGoose V2 to be at least as aggressive as the SS B2. We can't forget that at least some of this is a case of YMMV.

Last edited:
The only Mongoose I have is the AlumiGoose V1. I'm trying to see if it is worth buying the V2. The SS versions are out for me. I really don't like a razor with heft. Maybe I should just try a "milder" blade in the V1? I have used the Kai mild ( didn't like it, but maybe I should give it any other try?), and I'm using a Feather Pro right now. Maybe a Feather Pro Guard would do the trick??
I think I'll try that next before I spend the money on a new razor.

The only Mongoose I have is the AlumiGoose V1. I'm trying to see if it is worth buying the V2. The SS versions are out for me. I really don't like a razor with heft. Maybe I should just try a "milder" blade in the V1? I have used the Kai mild ( didn't like it, but maybe I should give it any other try?), and I'm using a Feather Pro right now. Maybe a Feather Pro Guard would do the trick??

Yes I would try the Feather Pro Guard before you decide. That and also use a very light touch, no pressure.

Another one to consider is the new ATT SE not yet in full production. I believe it is not too heavy.

Thank you Ron for your suggestions. I have tried a few things and no matter what I do, I am still getting an unexceptable amount of irritation on my neck. I think it is time for me to give up on the AlumiGoose and go back to razors that work well for me ( Schick Injectors & the OneBlade).

Top Bottom