What's new

Money not an issue, best possible brush to get?

Dropping hundreds on a shave brush I think custom is the way to go regardless of who makes it. Keep in mind though the law of diminishing returns, at a certain point paying more for a brush wont give you a substantial rise in quality.

If you like soft tips with medium backbone and great flow-through - Chubby 2 Super.
If you prefer very dense brush with medium soft (scrubby) hair with excellent backbone - Chubby 2 or 3 Manchurian.
If you want luxurious extra soft tips with very good backbone - Chubby 2 Two band Silvertip.
IMHO, these are among the best.
I would start with a Chubby 2 Super.
Good luck!

Get an omega pro boar. Daily driver for me. The loft /knot size is perfect. I know its under 20 bucks. I do have about 45 brushes,.simpson 3 super, 2.in manchurian, thater 2.band, wiborg etc etc etc. There isnt a better brush than that omega anyway imo. Once its broken in your golden.

Shave Mac, simpson, any custome from the B&B vendors... those beautiful Wolf whiskers brushes come to mind. It will come down to what you are looking for. For me, after trying a ton of brushes. I ended up gravitating to the Simpson Duke 3...

4125/5 Thater fan is where I landed. It's big, soft, and never fails with hard soap or soft creme. Smaller brushes are more efficient but that's not really a high priority for meeting . I've used good boars, smaller badgers, and synthetics. All work, just not as well as this. Another nice bonus is the near nonexistent break in period.

Plisson #12 horn

$truefitt hill luxury plisson dorko ach brito glyce alt innsbruck july 3 2016.jpg

Money is not an issue, I LIKE that!

For an exorbitant fee I will gladly commission a classic, high quality shaving brush made especially for you!

I will go to China, scout out the best badgers in the country, hire a hunting party and secure said badger (note: final fees will depend on number of hunting party injured or lost, and whether I keep some of the pelt to make a personal hat.)

I will then journey to South America. I will find the most highly figured piece of Rosewood or Cocobolo. Again, fees may vary depending on my out of pocket costs, such as, brothel tips, political bribes, etc.

Once I return to the States, I will turn the pelt over to a local transient to create the perfect knot, meanwhile I will retire to my shop with the wood and create an awesome pile of shavings.

When everything comes together I will ship your brush, by parcel class ensuring you receive it sometime.

Here is the last custom brush I delivered, the customer was very pleased. Note the angled tip, makes it so easy to lather under the nose.

View attachment 674469
I’m dying! So glad I found this!

I would recommend an Omega Pro 10098. My second pick would be a Yaqi Synthetic if it's been a while since you have tried a synthetic. They have improved quite a bit over recent years.

For some reason, my Semogue 620 starts to shred like hell, and it is below two years old. Currently rotating between my Muhle STF V2.0 and Semogue 620, but it seems my Semogue 620 is nearing the end of it's lifespan.

Been out of the shaving community for a good while, lost touch with the shaving brush side. The last time I was here Simpsom Chubby was one of the best brush that one could buy with money, is it still the same today? Or have other brush come out and triumph that brush?

I'm typically looking at Badger Brush over Boar Brush over Synthetic Brush.

Hope to get some insight which then I will do more research after this!

Edit: I face lather.
My choice would be Simpson chubby 2 super badger. I think the chubby 3 may be to much of a soap hog, as well as too big! Any simpson is ideal even a Simpson duke 3 super badger, or a Simpson tulip super badger, nice looking brush. I am not a brush expert.

Top Bottom