What's new

Mondial Badger Brushes?

Anyone have experience with Mondial's silvertip badger brushes? Very little online (B&B or other) about them. I know their boar brushes are well received, but what about their badgers? Any comparison to Zenith or other? Supposedly, they are Italy's oldest brush makers.

Thanks,

Matty

I have a Mondial HMW badger brush with olive wood handle. It’s excellent in quality and well worth the price. The knot is similar to shavemac 2-band silver tip, with soft tips and good backbone. Density is medium high. It absorbs moisture and retains warmth with the best of them. Handle is beautifully crafted, and it’s treated to be waterproof.

Just to confirm, I’m just a satisfied customer. I have no interest in the company.

I've not had any experience with their badger brushes. My Mondial boar brushes are quite nice. I just looked at the Mondial website & they have some nice-looking handles. I'm intrigued with the HMW & silvertip knots, in particular. I'll be following this thread to read additional comments.

I've seen them on occasion, but nothing that makes me want to bite yet. The addition of HMW is interesting. Does the brush have any gelling to it?

I've seen them on occasion, but nothing that makes me want to bite yet. The addition of HMW is interesting. Does the brush have any gelling to it?
I didn't ask about gelling when I bought my brush. I've read about gelling on this forum, and I don't see or feel the signs of it in my brush. But I'm not expert in identifying it. All I can say is that the knot lathers and feels a lot like my shavemac 2-bands, Simfix Manchurian, and MF knots--that is, enough backbone and density to lather efficiently, good moisture and warmth retention, and soft feel on the skin with very slight scritch that fades with use but doesn't disappear. The Mondial 1908 HMW hairs may be a bit finer than the others, and it has bloomed a bit more with use.

Bump. Has anyone tried the Mondial silvertip badger brushes?

I quite like the tall handle shape on this 22mm silvertip badger brush. It’s like a tall Persian jar.
Tempted…

IMG_4348.jpeg

Top Bottom