What's new

Monday morning shaves

I usually don't shave on Sundays, mainly because I don't have to. A fringe benefit of this practice is the wonderful shave I experience on Monday mornings.

I could never get away with skipping a day of shaving during the week but the closeness and ease of removing two days of growth that I experience on Mondays makes me wish I could.

Anyone else follow this routine?

Cheers,

I do the same thing - Sunday is usually a day of rest for my face and my Monday morning shaves are great.

I skip Saturday and Sunday. a) becouse I like to give my face a rest, and b) becouse I do a lot of playing and working on the weekend and sweat plus a freshly shorn puss don't go well together.

I always skip a day. Since I don't have a regular work schedule I just pick a day that I have off. The next day shave is always fantastic! It's almost better than sex.
proxy.php

Like Quagmire, I don't have regular, so I can skip a day ; however I've been getting used to shave everyday, just for the ladies (although more and more women tend to like the "stubble look")

Normally, I skip Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Lately, I have been doing a one pass shave on Monday just because. :wink:

(hey,hey,post # 600 :biggrin: )

Marty

I used to skip a day, two days or even more when shaving with an electric or multi-blade razor. Now I shave at least once and sometimes twice a day. It's way too much fun to miss out on a shave! Plus since I've gone to the DE my whiskers grow in much nicer now. No itching, no in-grown hairs, who knew having whiskers could be so enjoyable. :biggrin:

I always shave on Sunday before church. And I pretty much shave monday through Friday unless I am off that day. But I do usually skip Saturday and sometimes another day. So that makes for at least 5 days per week. A while back I skipped three days and with my Merkur Futur and a new Feather I got the best shave ever. I've heard that skipping a day build up the sebum (whatever that is) on your face. This and perhaps other natural oils help in your shave. What ever it is, I have always found that shaving 2-3 days growth is always a better feeling and looking shave then daily shaving.

Hmmm.. Now let me see. Ah! I usually skip shaving when I am in a coma or undergoing brain surgery. :lol:
I avoid missing a shave at all costs.. Only so many days to live and so many shaves per day left.:crying:

I understand the reluctance to miss shaving for a day (...like a day without sunshine). My decision to skip most Sundays is really based on a cost-benefit analysis: it seems to me that the beauty of the Monday morning shave is a benefit that is well justified by the cost of only shaving 6 days per week. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

I have to shave M-F for work, so I do skip Sunday as well. I also wait until evening on Saturday. That way I get a 36 hour break from the Friday morning shave and the same for Monday morning. Nice. :smile:

I used to shave every other day while going through my learning stage but I love shaving now. I even shave a couple of times a day. Never three though, anyone else?

Jonnybc said:
I used to shave every other day while going through my learning stage but I love shaving now. I even shave a couple of times a day. Never three though, anyone else?
I'll throw in an occassional evening shave before going out to dinner with SWMBO.. If I had the Dog's Bollocks of Blades, TESCO, I might have shaved so close that I would be unable to go once again to the well.:blush:

I usually try to shave every day as it's a bit of civility out on the road, but my work schedule sometimes forces me to skip a day here and there. There are times when I don't get anywhere near a truckstop for a day or two at a time.

But that makes it all the nicer when I do.

guenron said:
Hmmm.. Now let me see. Ah! I usually skip shaving when I am in a coma or undergoing brain surgery. :lol:
I avoid missing a shave at all costs.. Only so many days to live and so many shaves per day left.:crying:

Don't you have to have your head shaved to undergo brain surgery? :tongue:

Top Bottom