What's new

Monday morning shaves

My Sunday shave is the best of the week. I go to work at 12 so I have plenty of time in the morning to shower and take my time to pick out my set up and actually shave. If I am experimenting with something I will try to do it on Sunday so I can give it full attention.

Sunday shaves are the best!

The shave on Monday morning is the only redeeming thing that Monday morning usually has to offer me.

That said, I've taken to 'cheating' on the weekends - I've been doing one pass shaves on Sat/Sun just so I have a an excuse to lather up... I usually select one of my (many) more neglected soap/creams.

I don't go for the all out BBS so my skin can rest, but I've found that a one-pass shave never (so far) results in any irritation for me.:smile:

Unless I have absolutely nothing planned on Saturday, I generally shave. Sometimes I will wait until late afternoon or evening, and then skip Sunday altogether. Then I still get a great shave on Monday.

I avoid missing a shave at all costs. Not only because we have a limited number of shaving days on this here Earth, as Ron said, but because I get awful shaves if I miss a day.

Yes, you read that right, I seem to be the only one in this situation. Awful. Ragged face, painful, no-blade-is-sharp-enough shaves. No, I'm not going at it with force because of the growth, it just doesn't work! :sad:

tjkirch said:
I avoid missing a shave at all costs. Not only because we have a limited number of shaving days on this here Earth, as Ron said, but because I get awful shaves if I miss a day.

Yes, you read that right, I seem to be the only one in this situation. Awful. Ragged face, painful, no-blade-is-sharp-enough shaves. No, I'm not going at it with force because of the growth, it just doesn't work! :sad:
Tom,
If I was forced to guess, your whiskers are probably stout and wirey. Years ago when I was YOUNG and STUPID, I thought (incorrectly) that laying off from shaving for a day or two was a "GOOD THING!" (Love ya' Martha!) Now that I am no longer YOUNG, I know better.:blush: As soon as I rationalized my shaving habits I stopped having ingrowns and was a much happier camper.

guenron said:
If I was forced to guess, your whiskers are probably stout and wirey.
That could be the case. I never considered my beard thick, because it's light in color and doesn't grow too quickly, but stout and wiry sounds right. I have to prep really well to get any amount of beard softening.

guenron said:
Years ago when I was YOUNG and STUPID, I thought (incorrectly) that laying off from shaving for a day or two was a "GOOD THING!" (Love ya' Martha!) Now that I am no longer YOUNG, I know better.:blush: As soon as I rationalized my shaving habits I stopped having ingrowns and was a much happier camper.
A good shave makes us all young at heart :biggrin:

I always try and shave every day, but occasionally (usually about once every 10 days or so) I just get lazy and skip a day. Usually when I dont get a good night's sleep and physically I just don't feel like it. Although to be honest I really don't like walking around with any sort of stubble, as it makes me feel kind of scruffy.

After missing a day or two though, the next shave is always really enjoyable, I must admit. Incidentally I skipped shaving today, but have a nice shave with the ol' Merkur Futur to look forward to tomorrow.

Which is nice...

I too skip Sundays. The 2 day growth Monday morning more then makes up for it. It feels great to start the week with an extremely smooth shave.

Top Bottom