What's new

Momma Munster Passes Away

'Munsters' star Yvonne De Carlo diesPosted 1/10/2007 2:53 PM ETE-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this
proxy.php
Enlarg eBy Mike Smith, AP
proxy.php
Actress Yvonne De Carlo, perhaps best known for her work on The Munsters, died Monday at 84.

swapContent('firstHeader','applyHeader');LOS ANGELES (AP) — Yvonne De Carlo, the beautiful star who played Moses' wife in The Ten Commandments but achieved her greatest popularity on TV's slapstick comedy The Munsters, has died. She was 84.
De Carlo died of natural causes Monday at the Motion Picture & Television facility in suburban Los Angeles, longtime friend and television producer Kevin Burns said Wednesday.
De Carlo, whose shapely figure helped launch her career in B-movie desert adventures and Westerns, rose to more important roles in the 1950s. Later, she had a key role in a landmark Broadway musical, Stephen Sondheim's Follies.
But for TV viewers, she will always be known as Lily Munster in the 1964-1966 horror-movie spoof The Munsters. The series (the name allegedly derived from fun-monsters ) offered a gallery of Universal Pictures grotesques, including Dracula and Frankenstein's monster, in a cobwebbed gothic setting.
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My condolences to fellow member Moses on the passing of his screen wife.

What a great loss. I too grew up on reruns of The Munsters. Only later did I realise that she had a long career before that show. As can be seen from the IMDB photos, Yvonne DeCarlo was one of the most beautiful actresses ever to grace the screen. Maybe I'm an old softy(43) but these screen sirens from the 40's and 50's were absolutely stunning and I feel they easily trump the Angelinas of hollywood these days. They didn't need to half disrobe to get their point across either. Wow, all the main actors from the Munsters have passed now except for Pat Priest and Butch Patrick. Rest easy Lily. You were great.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom