What's new

Mom didn't believe when kids said... ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hearing Smiley.png
You got to hear this story because it brings back fond memories of staying up late with my children, tossing the baseball around, checking for 'monsters under the bed', reading bedtime stories and singing "Mr. Sandman".
proxy.php

Stephen Messenger - MSN Lifestyle - - 20 Mar 19

"Mom Didn't Believe When Kids Said A Mysterious Creature Was Living In Their Room

Like any devoted parents, Caitlin Burch and her husband simply adore their two daughters, aged 9 and 6. But they also know that kids can have quite the imagination.

One night a few months back, Burch's younger daughter came to her to say she'd seen an animal parading around in the bedroom she shares with her sister. While it wasn't out of the question that, say, a little mouse had skittered by, the child's description of the creature rang a bit more fanciful than true.

"She showed us with her hands the size of it and said it was fluffy," Burch told The Dodo. "My husband and I both looked in their room, but didn't see anything."

Naturally, Burch and her husband were skeptical; a creature as big as their daughter described certainly wouldn't escape their notice. Right?

"Her story was as plausible to us as her complaining about monsters under her bed," Burch said.

The incident had all but left Burch's mind — until three nights later. That's when, at around 3 a.m., her eldest daughter woke her up in a panic to say she'd just seen the creature, too.

"My husband walked over to their room to check it out," Burch said. "When he came back, he very casually got dressed and said, 'She's right.'"

The creature was real, after all.

Possum.jpg

There, hiding out in a box of pens in the girls' closet, was the mysterious houseguest — a chubby [possum] opossum. He'd clearly made himself at home".

Read More: Monsters under the Bed

proxy.php
"My [parents] gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person...[they] believed in me". Jim Valvano

Last edited:
Top Bottom