What's new

Mold!

Ironically this is my newest soap too...

This is the first time I have had a soap go moldy on me. Noble Otter Logbook although my other Noble Otters are fine.
IMG_1988.jpeg

I doubt that's mold.
Those are SAD spores. Throw it out immediately and buy 10 more pucks to replace it. To be safe, throw out any pucks stored in the same area and buy ten more pucks to replace each of those. You can’t be too careful with SAD. It’s highly contagious. You’ll be in even bigger trouble if it gets into the brushes. Hopefully it’s not too late.

As others have stated, I also don't think that is mold. I have had a couple soaps grow mold over the years and it usually is more of a white webbed type Mold. I had this happen with a top shelf artisan and sent it to them for testing so it wouldn't cause them (or customers) more problems in the future. Sometimes these things happen with products with no/less preservatives.

This has the appearance of fragrance Oil spots which can be common with artisan soaps. But if you are concerned you could either scrape off the top layer, throw it away, or contact the artisan. Since its just a small spot I would just scrape it and use it but I also have no problems with used soaps off the BST either so it's personal preference.

Top Bottom