What's new

Moisturizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What might he do then? Give rx medication?
What he is gonna do is:
Look at your skin
Your eating habits
Your water intake
Your daily routine
then he is gonna suggest what changes you need to do in order to get the results you want.

After that, he might recommend some over the counter products that help, if is a problem that needs to be fixed, and if it is a deeper problem then he might suggest taking a prescription.

Now, take this with a grain of salt: oily skin is not a problem, per say, I can argue that a lot of people have somewhat oily skin, is something natural of humans, is a way the body nourishes and protects the skin, is just plain biology, now if you don't like having oily skin, is ok, but again, if is just that then you are trying to solve a problem that is not a problem to begin with.

You can try products that might help your skin not to be so oily for a few hours, but if it is on you DNA, genetics for your skin to be oily then you are screwed, thats who you are, and fighting it can cause more damage than good.

Again, we don't know you, we don't know if your problem is deeper, but you keep bringing that oily skin is, or might be a byproduct of shaving, then try some products and see for yourself what helps you.

Report on Clubman A/S
I enjoy it, a tad strong but I can live with it. Thanks for all your suggestions, I really want to find out what this Bay Rum is all about that you guys always talk about.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Ask your dermatologist.
This is the best advice. Short of that you're going to need to experiment.

Different soap, different after shave products: from doing nothing (which you're doing now and are unhappy with) to using drying products (alum, anything with alcohol - they will either help or induce your body to produce more oil) to moisturizers.

Clearly you want to do something different than Proraso and nothing, because you don't like the result. The experimenting does raise the question of making it worse - which brings you back to the dermatologist.

And just like was stated already but I will emphasize it, our diet and H20 are so important. When I eat garbage my skin reflects that. Wish everyone much success.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Look at this,

Moisturizer does more than just what it’s called - moisturize.

It also sends a message to the receptors in your skin that decide how much oil needs to be produced! So in addition to moisturizer adding moisture to your skin (even if you don’t feel like it needs it), if you add moisturizer to it, it is a clean way to tell your skin to STOP producing more moisture.

This means that a person who would start with having oily skin could end up, after using moisturizer daily, having “normal” skin, because your oil production would be regulated by the moisture.

Would a moisturizer help out or not?
You've answered your own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom