What's new

Moisturizer with SPF?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I just found out I have skin cancer. Basal Cell Carcinoma which can simply be removed surgically. The likelihood of a recurrence is about 50% for people who have had it so I want to take some precautions. Looking into a moisturizer for my face, ears, and neck with SPF. I breaknout easily and get oily so I am hoping to find one that will fight breakouts as well. Does anybody have a moisturizer they recommend with SPF, preferably minimal scent or unscented?

So sorry to hear this! I use Jack Black moisturizer with SPF. I also have oily skin, but this moisturizer doesn't make you feel greasy. I don't detect much of a scent at all. You may be able to sample some by going into your local Sephora or Nordstroms if you live near one of those.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
He hasn't yet. I won't see him again until the 18th for surgery. I would like to be up on it though.

I use a Neutrogena post shave lotion with spf. I think I have one from L'Oreal as well that's equally as good. Both are pretty nuetral scent wise and ran me about seven bucks at the local Walmart store.

What you're going to find is that there aren't many after shave lotions that contain an spf ingredient. This is due to all of the testing, certifications, etc that have to be done once they make that claim.

With the added expense most makers would rather just skip making the spf products.

I use Neutrogena Triple Protect. It has an SPF of 20. However, I recommend you look for a good sunblock. Consumers Report found this one sold by Wal-Mart to be the second best one for the price. They scored it 99 out of 100.

proxy.php

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Sunblock is going to be too much for day to day wear for me. I don't necessarily need huge SPF, but I want something. I may try the Ursa Major Skin Care stuff that's SPF18 but it's a bit pricey. Basically I want to kill 2 birds with one stone: Get some UV protection and help my oily skin at the same time. I also don't want to smell like sunblock lol

Do try the Neutrogena one I mentioned above. I live in Arizona and use it pretty much all summer long. Not greasy, lightly scented and something that you can easily wear every day. Not bad stuff for around six bucks.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Do try the Neutrogena one I mentioned above. I live in Arizona and use it pretty much all summer long. Not greasy, lightly scented and something that you can easily wear every day. Not bad stuff for around six bucks.

Looked for it but didn't find an after shave lotion with SPF. Could you find a link to the right stuff? I found an SPF lotion but not a post shave product.

I live in Peoria, by the way. Grew up in Glendale and Anthem before getting my first house out here. I never wore sunscreen growing up so maybe I asked for it lol

IMG_20170816_210559.jpg
Looked for it but didn't find an after shave lotion with SPF. Could you find a link to the right stuff? I found an SPF lotion but not a post shave product.

I live in Peoria, by the way. Grew up in Glendale and Anthem before getting my first house out here. I never wore sunscreen growing up so maybe I asked for it lol

I hate posting links here as every time I do I seen to break a rule somehow. So I tend to avoid doing it all together but a quick search will certainly find it for you. I found it on Amazon and it's supposed to be available at Target as well. I've added a pic for you also.

There's another one from loreal that's pretty good as well. Sorry about the sideways pic as I'm doing this from my phone.

IMG_20170816_210559.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170816_210627.jpg
    IMG_20170816_210627.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Price is nice and low for sure. This will be a good place to start. I'll see if I can find it locally.

well, I'm just down I 74 from you in BloNo. Just FYI, my dad was a dermatologist and practiced in Urbana, IL. He removed cancers from a lot of farmers for many years and was always an advocate for sunscreen and hats. I remember a Florida vacation as a child seeing my dad in shorts and sandals, knee socks and a long sleeved shirt and a sombrero walking down the beach.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
well, I'm just down I 74 from you in BloNo. Just FYI, my dad was a dermatologist and practiced in Urbana, IL. He removed cancers from a lot of farmers for many years and was always an advocate for sunscreen and hats. I remember a Florida vacation as a child seeing my dad in shorts and sandals, knee socks and a long sleeved shirt and a sombrero walking down the beach.

Peoria, AZ. It's s connected to Phoenix in the West side of the city. I wasn't aware there was a Peoria in IL until I got confused and thought, "Wait, where's the I-74?" I definitely plan to use more sunscreen. Hats make my head itchy, always have, no idea why. And the longer I wear them the itchier my scalp gets lol

Peoria, AZ. It's s connected to Phoenix in the West side of the city. I wasn't aware there was a Peoria in IL until I got confused and thought, "Wait, where's the I-74?" I definitely plan to use more sunscreen. Hats make my head itchy, always have, no idea why. And the longer I wear them the itchier my scalp gets lol
I didn't know there was a Peoria AZ! Well, I guess I'm a bit further from you than I first thought! BloNo is shorthand here for Bloomington/Normal, twin cities just south east of Peoria, IL.

I've tried quite a few, and still can't seem to find one that doesn't make my skin break out. I seem to have really deep, open pores that clog easily. As far as scent, I've never found one that doesn't smell at least a little bit like sunblock. This is the one I'm using now.

download (6).jpg

I use the same neutrogena for head, face, neck and ears.

I've discovered that when it seems like it's all gone, about 1/3 of the bottle is still inside. I cut it off half way and then scoop it with my finger. Lasts a bit longer which is good because I use so much every time.

To the OP: I hope it all goes well for you at the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom