What's new

Mogno Shaving Cream

Recently, I came across a thread talking about the Mogno shaving soap from Portugal. It had glowing reviews and I have experience with Portuguese shaving stuff, so I knew it would be good. I bought it right after reading the thread. When I was buying the soap, I noticed that there was also a Mogno cream. It was selling for pretty cheap, so I bought it as well. The tube is metal and came hermetically sealed. The ingredients are pretty similar to other creams I've tried like Lavanda and Musgo Real. I broke the seal on the tube and the cream came out really runny. I sort of made a mess when removing cream to apply to my hand for a test lather. That part is annoying.

The scent is anything but present. I don't know what it was supposed to smell like, but I can't smell anything from the tube. It just smells like nothing to me. It might be good for someone who is sensitive to scents or doesn't like strong scented creams. The cream needed a lot of water to lather, but once the brush hit and I applied more water, the lather exploded and volumized like crazy. I think I used too much cream, but nothing a little extra water couldn't fix. Even though I just lathered the cream on my hand, I am pretty happy with the results and think it would give me a smooth shave with little effort. Keep an eye out for this cream and pick it up if the price is right.

Sounds great, never tried the cream....
mog.jpg

I have tried that shaving cream already and what can I say ?!
Excellent product from Portugal. Good and easy thick lather. Doesn't dry skin. Good moisture and I underline - really nice scent.
I love all products from Ach. Brito. They have a very nice,pleasant aroma combination for men.
Highly recommended!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never heard of it until now. I like the graphics. Thanks for bringing it to out attention.

I tried it this morning and it's excellent. The scent is a light woodsy kind of cologne scent that doesn't clash with anything. Lather is great like Ach Brito's other excellent creams but at a much more reasonable price point. I normally use balms but my face felt moisturized enough without it today. I squeezed some into this synthetic brush and face lathered with rich creamy yogurt results.

Mogno.jpg

having used the Mogno soap recently(just last shave) i decided I'd like to try the cream too, so although not ordered yet, I've added a tube with some other shaving stuff(to make it worthwhile) to my Gifts & Care basket, so I'll place my order this week sometime, the soap was/is good so looking forward to trying it in the tube form😉

Reactions: GNR
I have not tried Mogno Soap yet, but I suppose the performance of the soap shall be of better experience than the tube.
Taking into account the moisture, glide and after shave feel.

I am not quite sure why you say that.

Having tried both, I can say that while I enjoy the morning ritual of whipping up a lather with the hard soap, I also know that the cream effortlessly whips up a lather with excellent moisture, glide and after shave feel.

And Ach Brito is actually better known for their shaving creams that for their shaving soaps.

B.

I am not quite sure why you say that.

Having tried both, I can say that while I enjoy the morning ritual of whipping up a lather with the hard soap, I also know that the cream effortlessly whips up a lather with excellent moisture, glide and after shave feel.

And Ach Brito is actually better known for their shaving creams that for their shaving soaps.

B.
You know, when I describe some product(s) I compare with the other items tried and experienced in the past. Everything is relative in this life. So for me, hard soaps give better lather than the "ready-to-go" shaving creams. I have nothing against Ach. Brito, actually I really like this brand very much especially the Musgo line and would recommend it to everyone. Especially the Lavanda from Ach Brito is perfect.

Reactions: GNR
The cream seems to be retailing in the us for $16. Not a reasonable price IMO.
Crazy! Ach. Brito Lavanda cream is around $7 for the same amount. Or I see KMF is back on the market for $5 for 11 oz at Whole Foods Market. Let's see, roughly 10% of the cost per oz compared to Mogno.

Crazy! Ach. Brito Lavanda cream is around $7 for the same amount. Or I see KMF is back on the market for $5 for 11 oz at Whole Foods Market. Let's see, roughly 10% of the cost per oz compared to Mogno.

Even when bought directly from the Portuguese Ach. Brito factory store, the Mogno (€7.99 / $9.44) shaving cream is about 76% more expensive than the Lavanda shaving cream (4.55 / $5.38), so there is some price difference out of the factory already.
At less than the price of three lattes in the US, however, it is still acceptable me (rather than the Musgo Real shaving creams that cost almost three times as much).

As far as KMF is concerned, that was one of very few products that I disposed of after a few shaves, let alone would buy again, as it left a burning sensation 😡 after otherwise unremarkable shaves, but of course everyone has his own preferences - and skin reactions.

B.

Even when bought directly from the Portuguese Ach. Brito factory store, the Mogno (€7.99 / $9.44) shaving cream is about 76% more expensive than the Lavanda shaving cream (4.55 / $5.38), so there is some price difference out of the factory already.
At less than the price of three lattes in the US, however, it is still acceptable me (rather than the Musgo Real shaving creams that cost almost three times as much).

As far as KMF is concerned, that was one of very few products that I disposed of after a few shaves, let alone would buy again, as it left a burning sensation 😡 after otherwise unremarkable shaves, but of course everyone has his own preferences - and skin reactions.
The Mogno shave soap is a bargain product that sells for 4 euros or so. Why should the Mogno cream be premium priced? An artifact of marketing. I'd rather have Speick or Lavanda for less money.

With a product like KMF, it seems people love to get on their high horses. It would be better to learn how to use it before trashing it. That is with a brush, and added water to make a lather. It's not my first choice, but it is quite good for the money, IMHO.

The Mogno shave soap is a bargain product that sells for 4 euros or so. Why should the Mogno cream be premium priced? An artifact of marketing. I'd rather have Speick or Lavanda for less money.

With a product like KMF, it seems people love to get on their high horses. It would be better to learn how to use it before trashing it. That is with a brush, and added water to make a lather. It's not my first choice, but it is quite good for the money, IMHO.
I believe it’s because they can buy cheap saponified ingredients from China and just blend / scent / mill, while the creams reflect actual cost of production and in-house saponification. For example, the soap uses saponified products like Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate while the cream uses pre saponified ingredients like Sodium and Potassium Hydroxide and Coconut Oil

In addition, they use chemical foaming agents in the Mogno soap like Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate. For me that’s a huge no-go

I could be wrong, though

Last edited:
I used the Mogno cream today. I picked it up on sale. It works really well and I get nice shaves with it. I also have the Lavanda cream which is great too.
I’m not sure I would pay a premium for Mogno over Lavanda but sales do come up from time to time and in the greater scheme, even at the premium price, it isn’t really expensive.
There are great options at all price levels try items in the range you are comfortable with.

Top Bottom