What's new

Modified Personna Gem blade in an Enders Speed razor

I know it's been covered here how to use a Schick injector blade in an Enders Speed Razor , but I don't know if anyone has posted how to use Gem Blades. There is an easy and fairly simple modification that can be done to a Personna Gem blade . Like the modification for using an injector blade, first mark the cutting edge of a used Enders blade in the razor with a sharpie.
Mark the two forward edges of the Gem blade , maybe about a Millimeter on each side .

razor (1).jpg

You can break the sides off the Gem blade using a couple of pair of pliers, but I prefer to let my 5 year old grind them...just kidding . I like to put them in my vice and use my battery powered angle grinder (I'll do 5 so I don't have to do any more for 10 shaves or so) . Put your Enders blade in the vice and grind off the sharp edge you marked . You can't file either of these blades , they are tempered and will shatter. I use the thin 4 inch cut off blades , it literally takes longer to put them in the vice then to grind them. De-spine the Gem blades.

grinder.jpg

razor (5).jpg

Insert the Enders blade making sure it is all the way in. Take the Gem blade and slide it between the Enders blade and the head of the razor. Push it forward equally on each side all the way . The Gem blade is the perfect width in the rear sides and stops you from pushing any further and the blade gap is equal to a stock enders blade . The friction keeps the gem from sliding out . Seems to work very well . I toyed with the idea of taking a diamond triangle file and filing grooves in the sides of the enders where the gem blade hits but there is not enough metal there . I may however , file a tiny groove on the backsides so the gem blade will slide in a bit further for a more aggressive shave, or would that make it a less aggressive shave ???

This Mod works on the Enders with the grooves cast in the top of the head . I have not tried it in any other Enders razor.

razor (2).jpg

razor (3).jpg

razor (4).jpg

razor (7).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
First time I've come across this. Very interesting, and I can't say I won't give it a try some day, but I have to say that the modern injector blades edge out the GEM blades for me in terms of my shaving preference. Still, that's quite creative....thanks for sharing!

First time I've come across this. Very interesting, and I can't say I won't give it a try some day, but I have to say that the modern injector blades edge out the GEM blades for me in terms of my shaving preference. Still, that's quite creative....thanks for sharing!
Thanks ! I plan on making one of the Injector blade adapters also , but I may tune it up a little ... if I come up with something interesting, I will post back . Enjoy reading all the posts here. I agree the injector blade is a great blade . I did test fit one of my schick injector blades and it did not seem to be too wide as some have said. Injector blades are more costly, I believe, that was my reason for coming up with a way to use the Gem blade. I just got lucky by trying it and discovering it fit great when trimmed and de-spined.

Top Bottom