What's new

Modest

Who here is a MODEST shaver? I don’t mean hard core minimalist and definitely not a hoarder. What I mean is someone with just 2 to 4 razors and just several soaps and creams. Blades, perhaps no more than a couple hundred. ..... brushes maybe no more than 4. Aftershave maybe no more than 4 also. Who here is in this category.. I am curious. I try to be modest..... perhaps, but still have the addiction of loving B and B!

I just trying to get past the thread title. “Yes”
It was Yoko‘s “Yes” art display that captured John Lennon and tore apart the Beatles.

Well, I have "only" a few razors, less than 100 blades, 3-4 soaps, and a few brushes. I would consider that modest. Three of my razors and three of my brushes were gifts, as well as a handful of my blades.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well I’d say that fits the Modest category. My congratulations to you fellow shaver.! I guess Modest is being a little chubbier than Minimalist. I thought for awhile I’d be that but Modest is a place where you get to enjoy a few things. A balancing act so to speak. Hey this could be a club of it’s own!

Well I’d say that fits the Modest category. My congratulations to you fellow shaver.! I guess Modest is being a little chubbier than Minimalist. I thought for awhile I’d be that but Modest is a place where you get to enjoy a few things. A balancing act so to speak. Hey this could be a club of it’s own!
Thanks, but I am really just very budget minded. There are many soaps I would love to try, but I don't like to keep more on hand than I would use.

Thanks, but I am really just very budget minded. There are many soaps I would love to try, but I don't like to keep more on hand than I would use.

I feel the same way..... I have more soaps too than I want to keep. I’m gradually using them up. I want to downsize to just my 2 favorites with a cream or 2 to complement them. I’ve lost the desire for a large rotation.

I’m not—I’ve collected a lot over the years. However, I’m down to using 4 razors in my regular rotation. I have 9 soaps and hope to get that to 5 by year end—then I’ll only buy my favorites at that point. My blade stash is probably around 250, and the only ones I’ll need to buy this year are some SE blades. I’m slowly becoming modest.

I’m not—I’ve collected a lot over the years. However, I’m down to using 4 razors in my regular rotation. I have 9 soaps and hope to get that to 5 by year end—then I’ll only buy my favorites at that point. My blade stash is probably around 250, and the only ones I’ll need to buy this year are some SE blades. I’m slowly becoming modest.
Sounds like you’re doing a good job!

I’m not sure I qualify, but I don’t feel like a hoarder. I have four razors, but only use one, 7 soaps/creams, three brushes and 750 blades, 700 of which are Feather blades.
No I think you’re still modest. You can forgive yourself about the blades. You’re set for awhile. I’ve acquired over 1000 blades just in case they stop making them. So am I a hoarder or just being sensible..... I’m not sure about it! Lol 😂😂😂

No I think you’re still modest. You can forgive yourself about the blades. You’re set for awhile. I’ve acquired over 1000 blades just in case they stop making them. So am I a hoarder or just being sensible..... I’m not sure about it! Lol 😂😂😂
I bought mine because of a stupid cheap price. $14 per hundred for Feather blades. I couldn’t pass it up.

Top Bottom