Blade: German Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray
20220527_151320~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11785023

This afternoon's Pre-Shabbat Modern May shave. Note that I was careful to not make this another "Modern Mayday" shave like before!

20220527_184733.jpg

Usual suspects: Dr. Bronner's mint oil soap, Bulldog scrub, etc. But the razor was my Merkur Futur, the most modern razor I have, set to 3.

Result: 9/10. Not quite as close as I'd expected, but quite smooth & comfortable, esp after finishing w/Duke Cannon Ice Cold. I'll absolutely go back to the combo of this razor w/the Med Prep blades. Maybe I'll get a bit closer next time if I'm a bit more patient & use the next step up in aggressiveness.

-Z

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May Challenge

Last night’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

The Maggards Tuxedo synth was my first “real” brush and it’s awesome. Feels vaguely scritchy in comparison to my other four synths, but still very good. Whipped up a slick, creamy lather from the Col Conk Unscented with ease.

Fresh Shark Super Stainless blade in the JAWS and it was time to shave.

Started low-angle on the right-hand side of my neck and it was faster, yes, and still comfy, but it was faster in the way a geriatric tortoise downing three espressos compared to its normal decaf.

Steep is the way.

That guy ain’t kidding.

Finished that area and the rest of my neck and neck very close and very quick. Guess I’ll be a blade spendthrift for a while.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was really looking forward to using one of my two SOC Mistura shaving brushes. I have wet/dry cycled them both 3 times.

Yesterday was my first use. I just loved it... very pleasant softness with a nice feeling scrub.. no scritchiness at all.. zero. And as has been mentioned many times over on B&B... they keep getting even better with use. So I have that to look forward to as well.

5_27_2022.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Modern May 2022
20220527_233325~2.jpg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi SB (TiBam Antique Ti Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: Epsilon Butterscotch Chubby (26mm STF Synthetic)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray
20220527_233557~2.jpg

Superb razor and shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11786281

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May Challenge

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (2)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

One steep ATG pass and a very close, quick, and somewhat comfortable shave was had.

20220529_112344-01.jpeg
I chose Stirling Soap Company's stainless steel razor for my Sunday shave. Blade of choice was a fresh Wizamet SI.

I skipped yesterday's shave so I had two days worth of growth to be mowed down. The razor delivered, though I chose the "mild" plate, the "ST" plate. Mild is the correct term only in comparision with the other plate available for this razor, the HA-plate (Hyper Aggressive). The ST (standard) plate is quite similar to the R41 in terms of closeness, but provides a tad more blade feel. It's smooth enough though as long you ride the cap.
Three passes on the face, two on the neck, made for velvety smoothness for the Sunday to come. Got a bit of feedback from the AS but no skin irritation or nicks.
A fine shave(r).

Enjoy a relaxed Sunday!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Brand new 42 in Omnibus arrived last night. Too late for Towel Day, but on time for a relaxing Sunday shave. This stuff delivers. Super slick and lots of cushion. Smells amazing! The well patina’ed Brassbird delivered as well. The equipment list was rounded out by the 2022 Rudy brush, a vintage Schlick Super Stainess, and the new 42 balm. Great shave today.

A13E8BB9-2441-4418-9161-DD0F7F28EEEB.jpeg

Top Bottom