What's new

Modern Gillette DE

Gillette still brands razors in India, though they contract the work out to smaller Indian shops. The razors in question are basically the Tech with a different handle. Quality isn't as good as Techs made in the US and the UK.

I emailed Gillette asking them if they made this razor and will it be available at stores other than Amazon. I also emailed Ar
1571429392240.png
t of Shaving HQ asking about this razor.

It looks like the same designed handle as my Gillette New SC with the bar handle. If it is light and hollow I would not care for it as I don't care for the this one. I like the size of the handle I just don't care for it being so light weight. Cool looking case though. Maybe if they make a gold one like my New then I might buy it just to have in my collection. Other than that I think I can live without it.

Lots of people here don't seem to be too impressed with this new Heritage razor from Gillette even before they have got to use it, but It looks as though it's sold out on Amazon U.S anyway as of the 1st November.......
Does anyone know how many were made? If it's limited then it will be double the original price on the secondary market so if people were to change their minds and try and source one, it's going to cost for the privilege......

Lots of people here don't seem to be too impressed with this new Heritage razor from Gillette even before they have got to use it, but It looks as though it's sold out on Amazon U.S anyway as of the 1st November.......
Does anyone know how many were made? If it's limited then it will be double the original price on the secondary market so if people were to change their minds and try and source one, it's going to cost for the privilege......
That's a bummer!! I had it in my wish list and was hoping for one. Maybe they'll have a second run of these.

The case looks nice, assuming it isn't just plastic or cheap stamped metal. I was kind of excited when I first saw the razor, but assuming it's not stainless or brass construction, I see no reason to add this to my collection of mostly vintage razors. For that price, I can pick up a nice Gillette NEW or a 40's style Super Speed that will last for another half-century of everyday use.
I read about the new Gillette on Mantic59's blog. My RAD kicked in and I immediately went to Amazon and ordered it. Then, after reading the posts here, I canceled my order. I agree with Snargle. I would rather spend my money on a vintage Gillette or one of the nicer modern DE razors available.

Top Bottom