What's new

modern barbershop cologne?

Yeah, I've seen that Dennard, but I know you must be familiar with that scent. Do you think it's "barbershop" in the way most of us would think of it?

Actually, it's been a while since I've smelled Le Male. Just thought I'd mention it because of Turin's review.

Yeah, I've seen that Dennard, but I know you must be familiar with that scent. Do you think it's "barbershop" in the way most of us would think of it?

I don't think Le Male is a bad scent really- but I completely associate it with young club goers wearing way too much. Maybe if the dose were very low, it would be tamer.

I think it's barbershop in the same manner as Antico Caruso. Barbershop in Europe perhaps.

Le Male is a borderline aromatic abomination. I couldn't take anyone seriously who recommended it as a barbershop scent even if he had written 800 books on the subject.

That's my opinion and I'm no olfactory scientist, so take it with 1/1000 of a grain of salt.

Clubman is at the top on my list... The other day I had my haircut and when she was done with the straight around my ears and neck she asked me clubman or bay rum? I said never had the bay rum before... She put it on.. I said WOW... Her responce was funny.. " Sweetheart down the street, Sally's has it for 8 bucks" :laugh:

masters bay rum...

Since being transfered to south florida,, I was born in Boston.. This is the first barber shop thats "old school" like being back home and not one of these trendy fu fu spots all over the place down here!

--Jeff

Top Bottom