What's new

Modern adjustable safety razors that click?

Hey everyone, just joined the forum. I’m in the search for a modern adjustable safety razor that clicks and stays in place with each adjustment. An example would be the old Gillette Fatboy, Slim Adjustable, etc.

I know the newer adjustable safety razors have infinite adjustments and do not click or set in place with each number. An example would be the Rex Ambassador. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Vikings Blade has an adjustable that clicks, IIRC. I don't know if the Weishi adjustable clicks.

Vikings Blade has an adjustable that clicks, IIRC. I don't know if the Weishi adjustable clicks.
I looked in the Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji Edition. Everything I’ve seen on YouTube tells me it doesn’t click and lock into each number when adjusting the dial. Have I been misinformed?

I looked in the Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji Edition. Everything I’ve seen on YouTube tells me it doesn’t click and lock into each number when adjusting the dial. Have I been misinformed?
I have one, it doesn't. Wish it did myself.

I’ve been looking into the GSC Fatguy. Not too keen on the idea of a replica though…
Meh, why, because they actually call it a replica lol.
So many modern razors out there knocking off original designs and giving no or minimal credit.
I think they're using the term replica incorrectly as well being it's not a true replica. Made from stainless steel among other things are key differences.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Just wondering, why does it need to click? Isn't an adjustment number close enough?
It would drive me nuts not knowing knowing if I’m not getting a consistent shave every time because I don’t know if I lined the number with the dial.

That’s why I appreciate the old Gillettes that lock in to the different adjustments when moving the dial. The clicks are just a plus lol

How about one that uses different plates enstead? Many are made that way and it would definately guve the exact shave every time.
The Rockwell 6S is definitely on my radar but I was just wondering if there is a modern adjustable safety razor that locks into each number and clicks when moving the dial.

It would drive me nuts not knowing knowing if I’m not getting a consistent shave every time because I don’t know if I lined the number with the dial.

That’s why I appreciate the old Gillettes that lock in to the different adjustments when moving the dial. The clicks are just a plus lol
I know I'm a little late to the party, but it's not so easy to just accidentally or randomly move the adjustment dial. I guess the best thing I can compare the VB Emperor Meiji to is a Gillette Fat Boy with the sort of "analog" adjustment system of a Merkur Futur.

Gives great shaves though. I was pretty impressed with the razor overall. And they're on sale on Amazon right now for $46. The only thing I'd improve is to make the comb symmetrical instead of that odd dual-comb business they have working.

Top Bottom