What's new

Mod Shopping

My main mod, Smok M80, just died again and I want to replace it. The last time it died I was smoking again within the hour, but got a replacement back within a few weeks. This time I've got a Coolfire IV which I'm really glad I got as a backup as it doesn't look like a replacement will be forthcoming 6 months down the road. The Coolfire is, well, pretty cool but after dealing with dead mods, spilt juice, cracked tanks and reaching for pliers to release 510 threads I like to have more than one option for essential vaping gear.

So, time for a new mod.

I'm in the UK and will be aiming for budget friendly options.

I'm open to suggestions but what I think I would like is:

• Removable dual 18650 batteries
  • Variable wattage/voltage or both
  • Min 50w

Hoping the Coolfire IV will continue as my out/about/backup device and the new purchase will serve as the brick that sits on my desk where my Smok M80 used to live. I had been planning to pick up a charger, some batteries and a mech mod over the next few months so the removable 18650's tie in with that. Two Smok deaths also means I've effectively binned 4*18650's that had plenty life in them and I'm now not too keen on buying another sealed unit.

Any suggestions?

I have the IPV 4S and am mostly happy with it. The Snow Wolf 200 is also getting a lot of good reviews. There are a bunch of DNA200 devices out there, but they're still just hitting the market.

There are some good mods coming out lately. Hopefully Till will drop by since he lives on your side of the pond, and has a much better idea of what's readily available over there.

I had looked at the Snow Wolf but hadn't heard of the IPV 4S, I'm liking the look of it. The DNA 200 devices sound cool but I think I'd be pushing the budget for something I don't really need, and if the only way to interact with the chip is via Windows I'm not gonna get the most out of the features.

I had a look, and chat, around the local vape shops on my lunch break, only managed 4 shops but there seems to be 10 or more near my work. I'd been spending my lunchtimes wandering around the museums and missing all that vaping goodness. The iStick 100w looked ideal on paper but I didn't like the look and feel of it IRL. What I kept coming back to, in a reasonable price range, were the tube style mech mods. After 2 dead regulated boxes the simplicity of the mechs is appealing.

New budget plan is a nitecore charger, couple of decent batteries & one or two cheap tube mech mods from a far away land via the interent. I seen the Smok Fury for £20 in a vape shop which looked cool but I don't wanna buy anything else with Smok on it at the moment. I still plan on picking up a solid regulated box with removable batteries but I'm thinking the charger & mech will get me back to 2 devices, which is a much more comfortable place to be, and I'm gonna save some pennies and keep shopping for a regulated box. The regulated mod market also seems to me evolving by the minute, mechs seem pretty stable, and sturdy, technology.

I recently picked up an IPV S4 - 120w, dual 18650 mod capable of 0.1ohm on standard kanthal and nichrome coils and 0.05ohm on titanium and nickel. It'll set you back around £60 and although I've only owned it a couple of days I'd highly recommend it. Currently running a 26g twisted kanthal dual coil set up on an RDA and it's just awesome at 100w!

Top Bottom