What's new

Mixing non-matching Saponificio Varesino soap and A/S - need your advice!

I am a big fan of SV, but here's a challenge I'm facing:

I don't shave every day, actually I shave about 3-4 times a week and so, I don't consume that much soap. I do however like to apply A/S in ample quantities, usually rubbing it on my face twice. This is to say, while I am a modest consumer of any shaving soap, I devour A/S rather quickly.

So, my $1M question is which one single puck of soap to get along these 3 A/S. I currently have the Opuntia 4.3 soap about to go 3017 and the following 3 A/S's:

Opuntia
Desert Vetiver
Cubebe

I've used all 3 A/S's on top of the Opuntia soap so far and loved each of the combinations.

That said, I am about to order a new puck of SV soap and I only want to order a single one, as ordering all 3 soaps in my case would make them last for years. I've found this post: Saponificio Varesino Scent Notes - The Shaving Dutchman rather useful.

So, which one would you pick and choose to use with all 3 of these SV A/S's?

Maybe a different SV soap altogether...?

I'm really looking fwd to any advice, as I'm open to experimenting.

I'd just pick whichever soap you like the sound of most. I find the scent of most of them so subtle and fleeting (but pleasant) that it hardly matters which SV aftershave I follow it up with. It might just be that I've got a wooden nose, but any of the multiple combinations I've tried has seemed equally good.

I think a Desert Vetiver soap would not jive as well as the other two might in soap form. I should think that most SV products would work well enough...SV has a distinctive “base” scent to most of its products IMO that allows them to work well together/mixed.

@Cumberland Sausage, @GearNoir thank you guys for this info. Admittedly, I have only used Opuntia soap, which is (as mentioned above) on its 3017 way, so I'm looking at replenishing supplies. Given the fact that one puck of soap will outlast about 4-5 bottles of A/S in my case, I just want to get one. Since I love Opuntia 4.3, both scent and performance wise, I guess I'll stick with it. Thanks again, cheers.

Top Bottom