What's new

Mixing Lime Sec

I have some Clubman Lime Sec coming in, and am looking forward to it. I've read that the lime scent doesn't last long.
So I'm wondering what would mix well with it, to still have a good scent after the lime dissipates.
I'm thinking bay rum, Osage Rub, or Pinaud Clubman Classic.

What say you?

EDIT: I'm asking about mixing another aftershave with the Lime Sec, not a cologne.

That bay rum mix sounds pretty nice, let us know if you mix any of them.
I mix a 50/50 with citrus musk which the CM pretty much over powers the lime sec. I think next time I mix some up I’ll try 75 lime sec to 25 cm, and see how that goes.

IMHO, FWIW, I just would not mix Lime Sec with anything else.
It's a totally suitable citrus aftershave; get over the short life and just enjoy the splash.

proxy.php

I have some Clubman Lime Sec coming in, and am looking forward to it. I've read that the lime scent doesn't last long.
So I'm wondering what would mix well with it, to still have a good scent after the lime dissipates.
I'm thinking bay rum, Osage Rub, or Pinaud Clubman Classic.

What say you?

EDIT: I'm asking about mixing another aftershave with the Lime Sec, not a cologne.
Of the ones you listed, maybe the BayRum, and don't do the Clubman Original. I did those two, the VIBR was so-so, the Clubman was disgusting. I did mix Lime Sec with Old Spice Classic, that was good. I use Lime Sec straight now, and gave up on mixing it. Even though Lime Sec is a bit weak, it smells good by itself. If you want the Lime scent to last longer, get some Lime essential oil and add several drops to a full bottle, the lime scent will be stronger and last longer. Or get some small glass spray bottles and pour an ounce or so in the bottle, and add one drop of lime oil and test to see if it is to your liking. That way you won't be altering a full bottle of Lime Sec.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
PLV /LS /OR. Equal parts? Whatcha think Mike? :)

Well, yeah! For Frozen Lime, Frozen Veg etc.

I believe, but am not sure, that adding a moisturizer to fleeting-scent aftershave makes it "stick" a bit.

Glycerin, hyaluronic acid, even balm.

I like Lime Sec but vintage Avon Island Lime is the best. More natural, less candy, etc.

AA

I mix - in the hand - lime sec or citrus Musk with everything. Love it mixed with new Brut, whiskey woods, original Clubman, and just this morning mixed it with New (Old) Spice.

The Lime Sec came in. So far, I like it!

First use: head shave with a straight razor. I like the lime scent; it's not candy-ish like a few people mentioned. It also doesn't last long. I mixed some of it 50/50 with Master Bay Rum. We'll see how it goes in tomorrow's shave :)
Soothing is there, but I need to add some glycerin.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I believe, but am not sure, that adding a moisturizer to fleeting-scent aftershave makes it "stick" a bit.

I like Lime Sec but vintage Avon Island Lime is the best. More natural, less candy, etc.

AA

I have 4 bottles of Island Lime. While it’s not bad, I think I like Pinaud’s Lime Sec and Lime Musk better.

I am not one of the chosen by Pinaud’s Lilac Vegetal, but your mix of the Veg with Lime Sec makes it pretty good and wearable. Have you ever tried it with the Lime Musk?

Either/or, I bet the mix would be great in summer with some Osage Rub mixed in. Surely the medicinal scent of the Rub and the cat pi$$ scent of the Veg would cancel each other out? :)

OkieStubble

The Lime Sec came in. So far, I like it!

First use: head shave with a straight razor. I like the lime scent; it's not candy-ish like a few people mentioned. It also doesn't last long. I mixed some of it 50/50 with Master Bay Rum. We'll see how it goes in tomorrow's shave :)
Soothing is there, but I need to add some glycerin.
It’s not candy ish? I wish I had your perception of scent. :)

OkieStubble

AA

I always add glycerin to most of my drug/department store aftershaves. I keep a large bottle of vegetable glycerin under the sink.

I know many put quite a bit of glycerin in their stuff, but I’m just a drop for every ounce type of guy.

More is less, less is more.

Top Bottom