What's new

Mitchells Woolfat formula change?

This is very encouraging news!
Looks like Mitchell's rectified whatever issue they had which led to the dodgy pucks!
I suspect that COVID had their staff reduced and that lead to the dodgy pucks getting created. They look just like the normal puck, so once made they probably have no way to catch them.

Reactions: nav
I got my first puck of MWF 4-5 months back, and I tried EVERYTHING. Initially, I didn't soak (or bloom) the puck after reading various recommendations in the forums here. Tried synthetic, badger, boar, and horse brushes. Tap water, distilled water, heavy load, light load. NOPE. Nothing seems to work. Mediocre lather at best. Now I think I definitely got a lousy puck. Bad luck ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first puck of MWF 4-5 months back, and I tried EVERYTHING. Initially, I didn't soak (or bloom) the puck after reading various recommendations in the forums here. Tried synthetic, badger, boar, and horse brushes. Tap water, distilled water, heavy load, light load. NOPE. Nothing seems to work. Mediocre lather at best. Now I think I definitely got a lousy puck. Bad luck ;)

Definitely sounds like you got one of the dud pucks!

Don't let it keep you from trying another though. An MWF shave is absolutely worth experiencing!!

Definitely sounds like you got one of the dud pucks!

Don't let it keep you from trying another though. An MWF shave is absolutely worth experiencing!!
As I said, I didn't bloom it for the first few tries, but after failing to get a decent lather, I also tried blooming a couple of times. Here's how it looks now :)
IMG_20220503_150232.jpg
:)

As I said, I didn't bloom it for the first few tries, but after failing to get a decent lather, I also tried blooming a couple of times. Here's how it looks now :)View attachment 1449593 :)
That looks similar to my dud puck. When I bloomed it, it would dissolve into a powdery clumps and not lather. It was slick but no signs of lather, just bubbles. Maybe use it as a body bar and try another puck? I've had a well working puck from TheRazorCompany. If not, there are many others soaps out there too

Drastic difference between two MWF pucks

IMG_20200513_152937485~2.jpg
MWF lather with CS Jade.jpg

Last edited:
That looks similar to my dud puck. When I bloomed it, it would dissolve into a powdery clumps and not lather. It was slick but no signs of lather, just bubbles. Maybe use it as a body bar and try another puck? I've had a well working puck from TheRazorCompany. If not, there are many others soaps out there too
Thanks for sharing. I think I'll wait for now (on getting another puck) :) I love my Cella, Tabac, and Arko for now. I even got a kilo of Cella recently. So there's no shortage of decent soaps in my rotation. On my list (of soaps to try) is Saponificio Varesino. Desert Vetiver looks really tempting to me.

Top Bottom