What's new

Mitchell's Wool Fat

Nothing like posting to a thread that is 5 years, 7 months since last post. But, since this has popped up, why not?

I have my first ceramic tub of the legendary fat inbound from a fellow member here. Can't wait to give it a lather.

I'm guessing that the OP has long since resolved his MWF curiosity one way or the other, but would just like to add that MWF is no harder to use than any other soap. What I think trips some people up is that the lather looks good to go before it's truly ready, when you think it's good, add a drop more water and work it a bit longer. I get lather with MWF that no other soap has matched thus far.

Most soap out there are much easier to use than mwf. It's not a good choice for someone just starting out. I have been doing this for a long time & it is to much trouble for me.

Get a puck of MWF. Don't bother with the ceramic dish until you determine if it works for you. A refill puck is $13 at westcoastshaving, and it's an awesome soap which will change your life.

Try face lathering it - it's a way of life!

Try it, and if you have issues lathering it ask for advice, or put it away for when you're more seasoned. Personally, I found it easy to lather

Be brave. :biggrin1:

Give MWF a try. What's the worst that could happen?
+1

For me it seemed to be one of the easier soaps to use. The water hardness may be the biggest factor, who knows, considering some people find it very easy and some find it very hard. I'd personally say to try it, because if it does work for you then you will know what all the hubbub is about. I'd put it in the top 5 of all my soaps, and I have alot.

Wonderful Soap. Thick and slick lather. And the talc/classic scent is fabulous and masculine to me
It's on my top 5.
No problem in lathering, and I face lather.

Got soft water in my area (NYC) so loading that puck was easy, and it explodes with lather. I've used MWF for just a few months, I have it as part of any and every soap rotation and never will regret it. Awesome product!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Super easy to lather for me, but also really overrated. Haslinger Schafmilch is a big step up IMO, except I wish the pucks were larger.

So are you saying the Haslinger is better than the MWF ?

I think that's safe to assume what he meant by "a big step up". :lol:

I did pick up a puck of Haslinger Schafmilch, based on recommendations, but I haven't used it yet. They are, indeed, small (60g, so less than half the size of a MWF puck).

Top Bottom