What's new

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shampoo

I've used it. It was quite a while ago, but I found it to be pretty unremarkable. It's a small bottle; slighly larger than a travel shampoo, which is something to consider when you're paying for it. There was no major effect on my hair. I had the same "oh, well" result when using MWF bath soap.

I think the shaving soap is great.

Don

Yes. I use their shampoo and it’s excellent. It really leaves my hair soft and shinny. It’s worth the Money. Not cheap but worth it

+1 for the shampoo! Best shampoo ever. Yes the big bottle is a small 300 ml bottle, but you only need a few drops, that's how good it is. I use 5-6 drops each shower, soo it will probably last me for one year, at least!

+1 for the shampoo! Best shampoo ever. Yes the big bottle is a small 300 ml bottle, but you only need a few drops, that's how good it is. I use 5-6 drops each shower, soo it will probably last me for one year, at least!

Is it SLS free? I couldn't find the ingredient list online.

Yes, I just checked. There is indeed SLS in it's ingredients! Does that mean anything?

SLS has been linked to hair loss. Nothing definitive but the research seems to be pointing in that direction. I just checked the Haslinger shampoo list and it also has SLS.

Very disappointing given how even $7 organix shampoo from Walgreens is SLS free.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
SLS has been linked to hair loss. Nothing definitive but the research seems to be pointing in that direction. I just checked the Haslinger shampoo list and it also has SLS.

Very disappointing given how even $7 organix shampoo from Walgreens is SLS free.
From the little I have read it seems that while SLS may have been 'linked' to hair loss, opinion is divided. Like most things it is probably 'too much' that is detrimental. I would think your preferred option being only $7 is a bonus 👍 Why not try not using shampoo at all or at least very infrequently? It seems to be working for me and a good many others.

I bought both, shampoo and bath soap bar a month ago. I have problems with itchy and dry scalp and have yet to find a perfect shampoo for my scalp. Tried shampoo twice and that was too drying on my scalp that resulted too itchy scalp.

Now i have used bath soap bar on my hair and that seems great, no itchiness or any other problems so far. So, if you need more drying wash, shampoo might work but if sensitive scalp and moisture is needed I recommend trying bath soap bar instead.

Stirling makes a rosemary mint shampoo bar which is very nice. And both are ingredients you use against hair loss.
from time to time an acv rinse can really clean your hair out

I bought both, shampoo and bath soap bar a month ago. I have problems with itchy and dry scalp and have yet to find a perfect shampoo for my scalp. Tried shampoo twice and that was too drying on my scalp that resulted too itchy scalp.

Now i have used bath soap bar on my hair and that seems great, no itchiness or any other problems so far. So, if you need more drying wash, shampoo might work but if sensitive scalp and moisture is needed I recommend trying bath soap bar instead.

Sorry to hear about that, I had the opposite effect, hair became much better and no more dandruff. If I could distribute those products to the whole world, I would. Love MWF!!

Stirling makes a rosemary mint shampoo bar which is very nice. And both are ingredients you use against hair loss.
from time to time an acv rinse can really clean your hair out

I adore Stirling from the moment I smelled/tried their shaving soap and afterbalm. Would love to try the bathing products but it will be for a time when there is money to spare, because shipping is crazy :laugh:

Depending where you live getting it from the uk or Canada might be more interesting.
so far there is no Europe mainland distributor and even for me In holland Canada could be more interesting as the uk for small amounts.

Top Bottom